Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Common Courtesy: Its not that hard.

Heres the rub

Its pretty late, you're in the middle of nowhere, sitting around the camp fire having a drink, cooking up a feed and discussing the over-riding philosophical matters of the day when out of the night a 4x4 drives in location, does a quick stop/look then promptly F's in the direction of off

Considering the area, there's a likelihood that both parties will be in hunting mode come sun-up, how bloody hard is it to stop for a chat and find out where each other might be mooching around the next day?

Bloody rude if you ask me and just a wee bit Wolf Creek disconcerting.

here endeth the rant

Gotta agree, but think of the flip side..
    And I'm basing this on what some of my mates look like...haha
    You drive into a remote location and there's 3-4 "wolf-creek" looking blokes having a drink and sitting round a fire.. Depending on what ya look like (no offense intended) I'd say a few people might turn around..
    Its sad to say but gone are the days of saying g'day to everyone in the bush..
    A good example is people not saying thanks when u let em out into traffic.. Lot of people just don't care/could be assed these days

Comment

• Walter White
      Walter White commented
      Editing a comment
      Probably spotted the .410

Common sense and common courtesy are not at all common in todays society unfortunately.
    .177 Chinese Air Rifle, Marlin XT22, Savage Mk2
    Howa Varmint (223 1:9) (223 1:12) (308 1:10), Howa Sporter (308 1:10), 1912 BSA SMLE (303), Winchester 370 12 Ga

22lr Mk2 Ruger 22/45, 22lr Mk3 Ruger 22/45 Lite
    9mm STI Spartan, 9mm Smith & Wesson M&P, 357 Magnum Ruger Security six

Comment

I wouldn't have bothered having a chat either, too busy looking for somewhere to set up camp I would think.
      Whacking Varmints is my passion!

Comment

Don't worry about it....if you don't own the land there is nothing you can do.
        I'm in love with Jennifer Hawkins and Alessandra Ambrosio

Comment

Originally posted by Win88" post=42112
          Heres the rub

Its pretty late, you're in the middle of nowhere, sitting around the camp fire having a drink, cooking up a feed and discussing the over-riding philosophical matters of the day when out of the night a 4x4 drives in location, does a quick stop/look then promptly F's in the direction of off

Considering the area, there's a likelihood that both parties will be in hunting mode come sun-up, how bloody hard is it to stop for a chat and find out where each other might be mooching around the next day?

here endeth the rant

Isn't perception a funny thing?

When I go camping, I'm going to be on my own. I don't want to be anywhere near anyone else, and I assume that most people feel the same way.

I'd feel that driving up to someone's camp at night for a chat was akin to walking in the front door of their house, i.e. pretty intrusive. A man's campsite is his castle, and all that... :lol:

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Originally posted by Gorgo" post=42574
            Originally posted by Win88" post=42112
            Heres the rub

here endeth the rant

Isn't perception a funny thing?

When I go camping, I'm going to be on my own. I don't want to be anywhere near anyone else, and I assume that most people feel the same way.

I'd feel that driving up to someone's camp at night for a chat was akin to walking in the front door of their house, i.e. pretty intrusive. A man's campsite is his castle, and all that... :lol:
            I take another view. Come daylight you're going to be out in the bush, so with respect to others privacy, its a damn side smarter and safer to know where the other blokes are going to be poking around. I'm not talking grabbing a beer out of their esky here, just a quick "how ya going and where you're doing it" just to be on the safe side and off on your merry way

For instance, a while back we bumped into another party near a spot. After a quick heads up, we decided on which areas we'd hunt and parted ways. Wasn't very hard at all, and the feedback here that some blokes would rather leave bumping into each other to chance out bush than finding out where your planning to hunt in convivial surrounds has me a bit worried.

I think I've only come across this issue once in N/E Vic chasing deer. Cruising around the bush in the ute I went to my favourite spot by a river somewhere. Two other Toyota utes were already there with cages on the back and dogs. I stopped and had a chat. They were obviously chasing deer like I was. One bloke asked me if I didn't mind going somewhere else so the dogs could do there thing.

I don't hunt with dogs and said no worries. I started talking to him for a while, met the dogs and he explained the process of how he hunts with them. It was very interesting so I pissed off, went somewhere else and let them do there thing. They were all using a .30-06 like I do.
          I'm in love with Jennifer Hawkins and Alessandra Ambrosio

Comment

A while back I came across a couple of blokes, one carrying a AIA the other a Savage .17 HMR crossing a dirt road. I stopped my Ute to say hello and to warn them they had been walking through a conservation reserve and it would be best stick to the State Forrest on the side of the road they were now on. They seemed oblivious of the legal difference between state parks and state forest (in Victoria) .
            They were not happy campers, and the attitude I got will make me think twice about similar situations in the future. Not all shooters are nice LAFO's unfortunately, otherwise there would be no holes in signs etc.

Comment

Working...
            X