Tilterweira station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tilterweira station

G'day everyone i was just wondering if anyone had been to the station for a hunt im booked in for next year so im to hear any reviews

by all means give feedback people, but remember its a public forum.
    just sayin'

Comment

Went there a couple of years ago with 2 mates & overall it was a good experience.
      Things that you nned to be aware of is there is (or was) a limit of 3 Goats per hunter but that was not a real issue, my mates were after dog food & we took a young eater as well, that we made a great curry with while we were there.
      They also may have other hunting parties booked at he same time & if so you take turns in the 2 areas either east of the river that is good Pig counrty or the western side that has lots of goats but only find pigs along the river.

When we went there was heaps of water & plenty of long grass so the pigs were hard to find, we got a few but saw a lot more that dissapeared into the grass quickly! If I was to go again I would pick a dryer time of the year to have a better chance of getting some more pigs.

Comment

• Archie
        Archie commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by 7600" post=39993
        Went there a couple of years ago with 2 mates & overall it was a good experience.
        Things that you nned to be aware of is there is (or was) a limit of 3 Goats per hunter but that was not a real issue, my mates were after dog food & we took a young eater as well, that we made a great curry with while we were there.
        They also may have other hunting parties booked at he same time & if so you take turns in the 2 areas either east of the river that is good Pig counrty or the western side that has lots of goats but only find pigs along the river.

When we went there was heaps of water & plenty of long grass so the pigs were hard to find, we got a few but saw a lot more that dissapeared into the grass quickly! If I was to go again I would pick a dryer time of the year to have a better chance of getting some more pigs.

thanks mate now its one billy and one meat goat and as many pigs as ya want

Went there in late October, took the wife and two boys. Basic but comfortable accommodation. Station Manager Frank is a great bloke, very helpful and always up for a yarn. The road from Bourke was buggered so we went through Tilpa via Cobar. A bit longer (200 odd K's) but a better road.
      PLENTY of goats but we saw more pigs, cats, rabbits and foxes on the road to the property than were actually on the station. They are there, but you will have to be lucky to bag one, and if you do you will have earned it. Overall, a great experience in the "outback".

Comment

• Archie
        Archie commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the feed back i will take it on board its along way to go 13/14hrs but thats hunting. Did anyone see many bunnys/foxes
    Working...
    X