Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todays shotgunning session

Gday,

As some of you might know I don't mind shooting rabbits, but usually I use my .22lr or .204ruger if I'm varminting. However today I thought my mate and I should bring out the old shottys. Two reasons, first I have no ammo for the .204, I'm in the middle of reloading and second the grass is getting a little to high now.

Bullet of choice was Winchester Super X, 36gram field load, #4

The results were not too bad considering my mate and I cant shoot shotguns to save ourselves. As the morning went o though we got our eye in and were fortunate enough to bag 64 in total. (Don't even ask how many bullets we went through )

First photo is of a burrow I nearly broke my bloody leg in!!
    Second photo is of the ones we brought back....

Enjoy!

Great to see!!

Just waiting for the greenies and animal lovers to insist on a daily bag limit for bunnies!
    "Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived."
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Comment

Well done bloke.
      Hope your leg is ok.

Comment

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Steve if we were experienced shotgun shooters it would of been no problem getting over 100 for the morning!!! You have no idea how many we missed!!!!!!!

My shoulder is very tender!!

That's a lot of rabbit stew there.

Well done on the vermin control!

Comment

Awesome effort - I'll bet the shoulders sore after that effort! Well done mate.
          Whacking Varmints is my passion!

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            nice..

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            yeah its a pig of a gun but it does the job...... I was actually surprised at how far the pellets were getting out to. I paced out a few shots that were taken on stationary rabbits and I was hitting them out to about 65yds....

What a great haul of bunnys, well done to you guys.

cheers

Comment

Working...
          X