I took the Daughters Savage Mk2 for a Bunny Hunt Today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I took the Daughters Savage Mk2 for a Bunny Hunt Today!

Well I took the Daughters little Savage Mk2 for a bunny hunt today - the weather was fine for a change - Been bloody cold and windy around these parts lately (for mths now actually) which makes for some average hunting - well does for me!

Anyway I started out using the CCI Standards which shoot very well in this particular rifle then decided to try the Win Powerpoint Subs - well they shoot well enough to roll bunnies (most were head shots) so happy with the way they performed. Also had a crack at a bunny at 338m with the 204 and just missed it (shot high by an 1" or so!) but still good fun (will have to do some testing at longer ranges to see where its shooting) but just guestimated the hold over which was too much obviously

Also managed to call in a fox (took about 20mins and by that time I was stuffing around with the Vortex Rangfinder sussing out trees etc and their distance anyway I started looking around again and FMD ol foxy is looking straight at me (bloody rifles pointing in the wrong direction) :rofl: bloody typical! anyway the winds blowing straight in its direction and I'm trying to wait for the bloody thing to look away so I can pick the rifle up and have a crack - well you guested it, bloody thing winds me and off it bolts! I had a crack none the less but no go! (just disappeared behind a small hill as I let rip) ya gotta try right?

Ah well it can wait until next time!

Anyway I nailed 7 for the day so happy with that and very happy with the way the little Savage goes!

Whacking Varmints is my passion!

looks like the daughter is going to have to share with the ol' man then?
    looks like a nice day was had.
    what does she think of it?

Comment

• several
      several commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like a good day.

• Varminator
      Varminator commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Send-it" post=35098
      looks like the daughter is going to have to share with the ol' man then?
      looks like a nice day was had.
      what does she think of it?
      She loves the rifle, unfortunately she has to wait for her Juniors Permit to come before she can use it which is really annoying her, mean while I get to play with it. :lol: And ya right we might have to share! nah all good I got the Mod 2 Brno to dust up the bunnies with, but the Savage is a real pleasure to shoot, no doubt about that, especially since it wears the Boyd's (they are fantastic stocks for hunting).

Nice effort. Pity about the fox

Comment

• Varminator
      Varminator commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Elmer Fudd" post=35319
      Nice effort. Pity about the fox
      Yeah bloody annoying but my own fault for stuffing around with the RF and not doing what I should have been doing and that was looking for the little buggers! that's twice in the last 2 outings they have winded me and me spotting em too late! You'd think a bloke would know better by now but apparently I'm a little slow to learn!
Working...
X