Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Explosion' of feral pigs targeting our nuts - Gympie

So!
    We have farmers complaining about too many pigs and we have hunters complaining about not enough opportunities.
    We have SSAA (working with AGForce apparently) running Conservation and Wildlife Management Programs (IN GYMPIE)
    We have SSAA running 'Farmer Assist', now on line.
    We have large numbers of shooters looking for somewhere to hunt.

The solution, some hitec pig traps that are in short supply, and considering the numbers, likely to be ineffective!

Well here you are guys and gals. Maybe sensible for those who can't actually offer help to not post in order to keep the traffic manageable, but if you must, FORUM RULES APPLY. Be polite, make your point, offer your assistance and see if we can't break the anti gun feeling.

http://www.gympietimes.com.au/news/explosion-of-feral-pigs-hot-spots/2047890/

i wonder if any of the comments will be approved

Comment

there are millions of ferals to be hunted nation wide.
      ya just gotta make the effort to meet the farmers and apply yourself respectfully and fit in with their needs.
      piece of cake.
      put in the miles,........you'll get the smiles.

Comment

I note that Gumtree, among other sale/auction sites has many advertisements offering free pest removal by hunters looking for places to shoot. Many offer references from previous properties, and promises that anything they take on to the property will also be taken out with them.

A website dedicated to verified shooters, describing what pests, what munitions and methods, and what area and time frame of operations available could be of great benefit to farmers graziers and the like, especially at zero cost.
        Do not pass GO. Do not collect $200.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by DeadMeat" post=33107

A website dedicated to verified shooters, describing what pests, what munitions and methods, and what area and time frame of operations available could be of great benefit to farmers graziers and the like, especially at zero cost.
          That's what farmer assist is. Verified, insured Shooters. All the farmer has to do is day what needs doing, where and in what timeframe. Shooters respond, farmer can vet and everyone should be happy.
          Doesn't seem to work like that though. With dome notable exceptions it seems farmers are happy to publicise their plight but not adopt a solution.

We used to be pretty open to shooters coming onto or places ,but a few bad experiences have ruined it for the rest! Including gates left open and cattle boxed up ( a couple of days mustering and drafting to get things right), calves found mauled by dogs when the shooters were told NO DOGS! And one of my hates when a mate of a mate of the original shooter arrives on his own shooting your place without meeting the bloke! That's just a few examples of why cockies are a bit shy of giving new shooters a go.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by theduke78" post=33199
          We used to be pretty open to shooters coming onto or places ,but a few bad experiences have ruined it for the rest! Including gates left open and cattle boxed up ( a couple of days mustering and drafting to get things right), calves found mauled by dogs when the shooters were told NO DOGS! And one of my hates when a mate of a mate of the original shooter arrives on his own shooting your place without meeting the bloke! That's just a few examples of why cockies are a bit shy of giving new shooters a go.
          I hear this all the time when talking to landowners when trying to find somewhere to hunt. It makes me sick that landowners let these so called hunters on to their land only to have their trust shattered. I've been looking for a property to hunt over for two years (Still no luck) and it's all because of these Dickheads

Cheers Antz

Antz,
        don't give up looking.
        you'll stumble onto one soon hopefully.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by Send-it" post=33484
          Antz,
          don't give up looking.
          you'll stumble onto one soon hopefully.

Not giving up yet mate