Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with State Forests in Vic

Hey all,

I'm quite new to the sport and am still working on getting access to private property for hunting rabbits, so I thought it'd be a good idea to check out some of the state forests near Melbourne to see what I could find. So far I've been through parts of Wombat SF near Blackwood, Mt Dissapointment SF and some SF North of Maryborough and have yet to see anything that I'm actually allowed to shoot (plenty of wombats, roos and wallabies around but no vermin).

Does anyone know of state forests or parts of state forests with a decent population of either foxes or rabbits? or are there any friendly farmers around that let shooters onto their land? any help would be greatly appreciated!

Those State Forests near Melbourne would have been shot out a long time ago. You have to travel. N/E Vic is the place to be....millions of hectares....wild dogs, foxes, rabbits and many deer. I wouldn't waste my time hunting close to Melbourne.
    I'm in love with Jennifer Hawkins and Alessandra Ambrosio

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Cheers for the quick responses fellas

Sambar would you be talking out mansfield way or even further?

Don't listen to the folks who say there's no point hunting close to Melbourne! :lol: :lol:

There's game there, you've just gotta be a good hunter

Comment

Working...
    X