Don't shoot the messenger but apparently;

Caught eating pet dogs...
    Roy Hill Station
    Via Newman
    Pilbara
    Western Australia

the stomach under lining looks weird.
    photo shopped perhaps?
    if not,...........that's one huge oinker!

Comment

What did he shoot it with??? A 20mm???
      I throw sub-moa rocks

If you heard the shot, you weren't the target

Comment

a HMR.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Wacked it with his little lifter

Haha 300 blackout???
        I throw sub-moa rocks

Comment

Been around on the net since Adam was a pup back in windows 95 days
          [center]
          Don’t poke the snake, walk around it and come back later with a double-barrelled shotgun and blow its [email protected]#!ing head off!.

Australia in future, the outcome is the same, a bloody dictatorship run on the whims of a very few ego-centric pathological elitists.

Comment

• several
            several commented
            Editing a comment
            yep, been around for a while but still impressive.

Oooh snag I love it when you talk dirty
          I throw sub-moa rocks

Comment

Originally posted by risbo" post=27998
            Don't shoot the messenger but apparently;

Caught eating pet dogs...
            Roy Hill Station
            Via Newman
            Pilbara
            Western Australia

Yes it is real

It was caught eating a dead cow. This was many years ago, from memory 2008 or 2009 The shooter/station owner John Anick is/was a pro Roo shooter.

It was sprung while out on a windmill run.

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              reminds me of the film "razorback" everytime I see that photo

Most of the piggy's ive come across, for that matter pretty much everything ive come across in the Australian bush has been very healthy. Nice pink gums, clear eyes, clean innards etc. I think its a bit of a misconception that wild food is no good. With the proper precautions and cooking there isn't much that i wont eat
            Roses are red, mud is brown, Windows up, loud pedal down!

Comment

• The Cripple
              The Cripple commented
              Editing a comment
              I'll second that.
              While you need to be cautious before eating anything you kill wild, I've only had to burn one critter for worm infection that I was going to eat. And that was a rabbit with what looked like a hydatid cyst on its back leg.

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Originally posted by THUNDERBEARD" post=131013
              With the proper precautions and cooking there isn't much that i wont eat
              Yeah most of the risk is in preparing pigs, they can be carrying nasty stuff even if they appear healthy. Completely fine to eat when cooked but getting it to that stage requires a lot of effort to avoid possible exposure, too much PPE and cleanliness for required me to do it lol.

I generally have no issue eating the pigs on the property I shoot on. They eat the owners crops, hence the reason we shoot them. We refer to it as 'grain fed free range pork'. I just don't like the scolding. That was my job when I was a kid. I just skin them now. I was thinking of getting a blow torch and having a go at singing the hair off.
            Dazza.

Comment

I'm glad this post has appeared.
              Apart from never seeing the picture which blew me away a bit, I got to show my wife the type of evil that lurks out there.
              It was a good opportunity to remind her of why I love hunting so much and that these monsters are out there waiting to take innocent children or the weak. :P
              Also gave some merit to the new 308!

Cheers....

Comment

Interesting article from hoax-slayer:

Giant feral pig

Comment

Yeah I saw the photo of that massive boar AGES ago.. I personally recon it could be real ! But hard to say I guess.

Comment

Google Hogzilla
                    360kg !!!
                    Makes the Aussie one look small even though it isn't .

Comment

On my recent Cape trip we shot lots of pigs, generally head or neck shots. One however, I nailed with a nice chest hit. It was going to run for a bit then realise it was dead and fall over, so I didn't shoot it again, but one of my offsiders hit it again and put one into its guts. This is what came out with the exit wound....

Don't think I'll be lining up for a feed of wild pig anytime soon......
                      "Have more than you show
                      Talk less than you know"

Comment

• findingtime
                        findingtime commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Originally posted by MSR" post=132122
                        On my recent Cape trip we shot lots of pigs, generally head or neck shots. One however, I nailed with a nice chest hit. It was going to run for a bit then realise it was dead and fall over, so I didn't shoot it again, but one of my offsiders hit it again and put one into its guts. This is what came out with the exit wound....

As bad as that looks this is your real issue..
                        http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/archive/agriculture-today-stories/ag-today-archive/march-2012/pig-dogs-with-brucellosis-pose-potential-threat-to-human-health

Brucellosis used to be more of a Nth Qld issue but over that last 20 years it has spread south . You have to be careful butchering Pigs and wear at least surgical gloves as a minimum as this is where you will contract the disease…

Spotting Boars with Brucellosis is easy there testicles are quite enlarged but knowing a infected sow is impossible so be careful , or otherwise you may find yourself sporting a pair of these.. see pic on second page !

http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0003/323049/Brucellosis-in-pigs.pdf

This is the part i don't like !!!

Infection in humans
                        B. suis can infect humans and cause illness of varying severity. Symptoms, if present, are initially typical of a flu-like illness (fever, headache, back pain, generalised aches, night sweats). Occasionally, complicated cases develop with arthritis, chronic fatigue or inflammatory changes of male reproductive organs.( they will get HUGE !!) Nervous signs (personality changes, convulsions, tremors, eye problems), anaemia, internal tissue damage or inflamed skin (dermatitis) can also occur. Infected people can be treated with antibiotics, but relapses may occur.

I wouldn't eat the bloody things in Aus ! I try and not even touch them these days.

Guest commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The main point there is that it came out of the gut. You ,me ,nearly everything has gut parasites. It is no big deal.

Originally posted by MSR" post=132122

Working...
                    X