• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• short notice pig shoot opportunity

Any one looking for a chance to bag a pig or two this week
    Have found 4 cow carcasses over the weekend close to a semi dry dam
    No activity yet but it won't be long I don't think
    If anyone can get out south west Queensland 700 km west of brisvages in the next day or so
    your welcome to come and stake the dam out till the weekend when I have to go away
    You will need to camp and its very bloody dry so bring your own water
    Pm me for more details
    Sent via pony express and mail plane

You know that moment when the steak is on the grill and your mouth waters in anticipation? Vegans feel the same after mowing the lawn.

Fishphillot,
    A very generous offer. Got stuff going on right now, but I am sure some lucky punter will take you up on this.

Thanks,

Oddball

Comment

• fishphillott
      fishphillott commented
      Editing a comment
      The dry is starting to take its toll
      1 old cow died droping a calf another got stuck in a fence and couldn't get up
      The other two just succumbed to the conditions
      Someone may as well get something out of them there no good to me anymore

Why wasn't I surprised about that reply.

Keep a civil tongue please.

Station cattle, or is that a Cattle Station then shift the older, poorer ones or put them on the long paddock. Or, should they have been sold a long time ago.

Sorry, there is no excuse in my mind for stock dying during dry times irrespective of where you live. I've transported feed from Qld to NSW in the past to keep stock in store yet alone prime condition. Cost me a fortune.

Anyway, if you are in that frame of mind I'll let you carry on.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Mega" post=21996
      Why wasn't I surprised about that reply.

Keep a civil tongue please.

Station cattle, or is that a Cattle Station then shift the older, poorer ones or put them on the long paddock. Or, should they have been sold a long time ago.

Sorry, there is no excuse in my mind for stock dying during dry times irrespective of where you live. I've transported feed from Qld to NSW in the past to keep stock in store yet alone prime condition. Cost me a fortune.

Anyway, if you are in that frame of mind I'll let you carry on.
      Personally, i think he was restrained.....to lecture someone to give up grog and food.....

Oddball

Mega,

Seriously not called for,
    if you take a little time and go and look out west, not only is it economically not feasable to cart the volume of water required.
    half the time the water trucks would break down 100's of km before they got to where the cattle was.

I have just come back from a trip up into Lakefield National Park, its getting awfully dry up there, and they have 2 major river systems to play with.

Fishphillott, I would love to have taken you up on the offer, but i'm tied to work till after xmas. as mentioned earlier I hope you get some relief soon,
    its never a good feeling when you watch your livelyhood disappearing around you.

AJ

Comment

The stock markets are full of low condition animals at present but that doesn't stop some people doing the right thing and thinning out their stock to what they can feed and water within their financial restraints. That has also brought down the demand for prime condition livestock. Keeping younger breeding stock is the aim in my view but I've only been looking after animals for over 40 years, what do I know.

There are things called adjistment.

When your feed supplies start do disappear and there is no sign of relief, do something about it.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by Mega" post=22010
        The stock markets are full of low condition animals at present but that doesn't stop some people doing the right thing and thinning out their stock to what they can feed and water within their financial restraints. That has also brought down the demand for prime condition livestock. Keeping younger breeding stock is the aim in my view but I've only been looking after animals for over 40 years, what do I know.

There are things called adjistment.

When your feed supplies start do disappear and there is no sign of relief, do something about it.
        Thanks for Farming 101. i am certain, Mr FishPhillot is doing all that is possible. Sometimes, for example, you may get a straggler, in a paddock, that misses being moved on to feed etc, as a simple example.

I dont think you will get the chance to thin his pig problem........

Oddball

Thread cleaned up.

anything else off topic in this thread will earn you a 24 hour at least Ban.

Lets help fish out, someone!

Comment

• fishphillott
        fishphillott commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for the support people
        Just to clear things up I dont need help with my pig problem I can keep an eye on the carcesses my self when I'm driving around culling roos
        I was offering someone else a chance to shoot some pigs and possibly a dog

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks you moderator. Impressed with your response time. Thanks Again Graham

Wish I could could Fish, but with SFA work over the last month I am not able to get out your way...

The weather sucks even over here on the coast... Its so dry I am scared to even light a smoke in the bush... We have had no rain pretty much since the floods...

I hope you get a bit next year mate... You cant run a property without water...

Comment

Originally posted by fishphillott" post=21950
        Any one looking for a chance to bag a pig or two this week
        Have found 4 cow carcasses over the weekend close to a semi dry dam
        No activity yet but it won't be long I don't think
        If anyone can get out south west Queensland 700 km west of brisvages in the next day or so
        your welcome to come and stake the dam out till the weekend when I have to go away
        You will need to camp and its very bloody dry so bring your own water
        Pm me for more details
        I really hope things get better soon for you mate. I can't begin to imagine how hard it is to work on the land with the conditions you have at the moment. I wish I was a bit closer to take you up on your very generous offer I've been after somewhere to hunt for a long time. But with work commitments I can't make it down

All the best Antz

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Fish, I have a property that I go to near Coonabarabran every couple of weeks. It is dry everywhere. Every farmer does his/her best. My blood pressure increased when I read the previous posts. Mate don't be disheartened and know that the majority of people on this Forum can apply commonsense to a situation that is out of the control of man and machine. Wish you luck knocking some pigs. Chin up mate even if it is to give the knockers a bigger target.

Very generous offer and one I wish I could take up but for work and the fun police.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Shootingaustralia.net has lost a valuable asset due to the poor form and etiquette displayed in this post. Including a slight misunderstanding in another.

The offending member in this thread can consider himself dialing up a different site to excrete his type of expertise.

For all those on here whom might sit back here clapping their hands with glee, applaud carefully as many here have tread the same fine line. All you have done is ramped up GODS vengeance to purge this site of this unwelcome disregard and spiteful spew.

It doesn't matter what position you have elevated yourself to or whether this type of snipe lays lurking (and they do). You will see more of your user names be lit up in that drab green colour if you continue up the same path.

GOD took the masses out of compassion, to seek the chosen. The rest is up to you.

Thy will be done!

GOD.
          "If we meet offline and you look nothing like your Pics...You are buying me drinks until you do!"

Comment

Working...
          X