Handy products to take hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handy products to take hunting

I take my phone out with me on every hunt, and like most smartphones it eats battery life up very fast. Solution -
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2600mAh-Portable-Power-Bank-External-Battery-Charger-For-Mobile-i-Phone-Samsung-/370919098549?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&var&hash=item565c8048b5&_uhb=1

just a tip for you when you take your phone hunting. flick it to flight mode. it stops your phone searching for signals and wifi and saves a heap of power. then if you need it (let's hope not) its quick to change it back to make a call or use gps

i'm rarely more than an hour from my vehicle so not something i'd carry but good to have

steve

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      great tip, thanks for that.

I do that anyway. but not for battery consumption.
    I just don't want some bugger ringin' me when i'm sneaking up on something.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Send-it" post=21476
      I do that anyway. but not for battery consumption.
      I just don't want some bugger ringin' me when i'm sneaking up on something.
      LOL, i usually squat down to creep up to cover and Siri says "I don't understand or Sorry i didn't get that"

damn iphones

steve

Cans of beans and cans of beer are pretty handy too

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Day675" post=21520
      Cans of beans and cans of beer are pretty handy too
      Wouldn't be camping with you for more than 2 days on that diet... Lol :P

bushnell backtrack. so handy when you leave before dawn and everything looks completely different in daylight.... that was a long hot lesson in the NT sun.
    Roses are red, mud is brown, Windows up, loud pedal down!

Comment

Small pack of moisture wipes
      Good for cleaning hands and knives of blood also you may have had to many cans of beans and beer you might be running a little rich

Comment

Take your rifle when you go hunting. Turn the mobile phone off. A PLB, personal locator beacon is a good thing to have too.
        I'm in love with Jennifer Hawkins and Alessandra Ambrosio

Comment

• Gwion
          Gwion commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by Sambar Country" post=21639
          Take your rifle when you go hunting. Turn the mobile phone off. A PLB, personal locator beacon is a good thing to have too.
          hehe... ammo comes in handy too!

I always take my RF these days (very handy for my type of hunting ie. Varminting/Spotlighing) as for mobiles I turn em off. My pack usually has knives, ammo, wipes, toilet paper, bags, matches, compass, built in water bag, rain coat, binos, string, gloves, beanie, knife sharpener, firearms toolkit and 2 way radio
        Whacking Varmints is my passion!

Comment

Working...
        X