Off for a shoot this weekend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off for a shoot this weekend!

Well I'm going for just my third hunt for the year (Sad I know!)
    Going chasing rabbits with my two boys ( 8 & 6 ) With my T-Bolt.22. The property owner told me there are some dogs killing his calves so the .308 will go too!
    So hopefully I will have some photo's to post next week.
    Cheers Mat.

Yep...a .22 doesn't cut it on wild dogs. Take a centre fire...a .30 cal will do it with extreme prejudice.
    I'm in love with Jennifer Hawkins and Alessandra Ambrosio

Comment

• sirus17
      sirus17 commented
      Editing a comment
      not as sad as you think, ive never been hunting lol =)

i feel bad for you blokes...each to their own, but id go mad only shooting at paper and steel and its rewarding knowing ive done a bit to put a dent in our feral population and maybe save some farmer a bit of heartache

Comment

• Shotgunner
      Shotgunner commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by bottleinspector" post=16171
      i feel bad for you blokes...each to their own, but id go mad only shooting at paper and steel and its rewarding knowing ive done a bit to put a dent in our feral population and maybe save some farmer a bit of heartache
      That is why the obvious solution for the person who for whatever reason cannot hunt is to shoot clays, far better than steel or paper. Hunting is still tops though.

Good luck with it Matt, hope you and the boys enjoy the weekend and get some bunnies and dogs. I might get out to a new property this weekend if I get time (I'm off busting some clays tomorrow with the new Shottie) can't wait!
    Whacking Varmints is my passion!

Comment

Good luck mate,

I'm heading out weekend after next with my 223 and 30-30 for some piggies. The jeep is areadly packed . I am trying a new trick I read about (it could be rubbish) I am putting some corn down around a few dams and sprinking on top some strawberry jelly crystals (like the type you make jelly), apparently it brings them it - well thats the theory. Fun to try something new. I will report back.

Make sure you take your camera
      Cheers
      Chad.
      Ps - only get out about 2-3 times per year as well and mostly only one to two nights - never enough.

Comment

Matt1979, don't forget to take photo's.

Thanks...

Comment

Working...
        X