Butchering near Warwick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butchering near Warwick

Deer numbers are up around the mountain and its approaching time to start taking a few. Any members within cooey of Warwick able to butcher them (or know someone)? Unfortunately I have no experience with that side.

Be good to know that we can take one and use all the meat.

Mm

If you are not confident with doing it yourself approach a local butcher. A deer is the same as cattle. Any butcher would be able to process it, hang it in the cool room for a while and process the whole animal for you. I know my local butchers are quite happy to do it.
    I'm in love with Jennifer Hawkins and Alessandra Ambrosio

Comment

The butcher in Yangan might be worth a try.
      No trees were harmed in the production of this post, but some electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Thought the same and asked them but they said Health regulations say they can't butcher ferals.

My brother is a butcher, and i spoke to him about starting up his own business on the side, doing farm butchering etc. but he didn't seem keen on it.... i thought it'd be a good "on the side" money maker...

Comment

• El-Skippo
        Skip commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by 1HZ-TUFF" post=16563
        My brother is a butcher, and i spoke to him about starting up his own business on the side, doing farm butchering etc. but he didn't seem keen on it.... i thought it'd be a good "on the side" money maker...
        There's a bit more involved in doing that kinda work. Then just starting it and getting money for it. ( many codes have to be met and passed ) can be quite a big outlay upfront. Then there has to be a market for it. And a continual inflow of work ( for it to be profitable )

Originally posted by MountainMan" post=15947
      Deer numbers are up around the mountain and its approaching time to start taking a few. Any members within cooey of Warwick able to butcher them (or know someone)? Unfortunately I have no experience with that side.

Be good to know that we can take one and use all the meat.

Mm
      What are you having trouble with MM ??

I assume you have no issue dropping the guts out etc. Is it just separating the different cuts or are you just generally lost on what to do? Fallow are a small deer and i just take the back straps , legs , inner straps ( sometimes ribs) and then there ain't much left.. The fillets just get cut up as you would a normal fillet and i bone out the legs and either use them in a stroganoff , stew , sausages, rolled roast what ever the recipe calls for..... not a lot in it. I'm go through Warwick a bit if your in no hurry to learn i'll give you a lesson in ( very ) basic butchery.

FT

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Findingtime - might take you up on that. Let me know when you are heading through and we can see if we can meat up (pun intended).

As for my experience it is very limited. Haven't had to field dress anything bigger than a rabbit and that was some time ago.

Mountain Man

Have a look at this and watch it a few times , maybe even have it on your phone or ipad if you have one whilst you dress your deer ... It's very easy to follow.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4pi3CUJ1pA&feature=youtu.be

FT

Comment

And here's one that's not to bad on gutting your deer.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QdGQZi79gw

FT

Comment

Working...
        X