Running out of talent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running out of talent

I bought a Tenderfield fox whistle. I hear people rave over them and I have heard them used on You tube but then I try to do it and end up with a burble. any thoughts, running out of talent and just about to go on ebay if I cant get it to work.

tried those.
    I usually fail miserably, and end up turning it into a dribble machine.
    but they do work for those who can use'em.

Comment

Practice, practice, practice. Start with your tongue just off the hole, then keep creeping it forward until you find the right note. Easier said than done I know but once you figure it out you won't forget it. I have used the scotch predator call before it just doesn't seem to get the same range compared to the tenterfield especially in windy conditions so in my opinion its worth learning how to master it.

Comment

• pete86
        pete86 commented
        Editing a comment
        I found it hard to start with. Need to experiment and play around with tongue positions. This video helped also;
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WblmozbFwl4

Regards Pete

This is a Silva fox whistle...pretty much the same as a Tenterfield.
      Place the underneath of your tongue on the red line. Put both lips over the holes and keep your tongue there then blow.
      With the Silva fox whistle I keep the lanyard on the bottom. This side has the smaller hole. Some people might do it the other way around but I find having the small hole on the bottom produces the best sound.
      Main thing is to keep the bottom of your on the edge shown.
      That's how I do it.
      I'm in love with Jennifer Hawkins and Alessandra Ambrosio

Comment

For some reason I can't get a picture up but keep the underneath of your against the folded edge behind the holes.
        I'm in love with Jennifer Hawkins and Alessandra Ambrosio

Comment

try a piece of wet/damp Styrofoam and rub it on glass works a treat
          I use a small bit about an inch to 2 inch block and give a corner a lick to get it damp then rub a corner on the inside of the windscreen of my car foxs seem to like the sound and its realy easy to use

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            I didn't find it too hard, but even if you are struggling with it, keep in mind that animals like foxes and dogs are able to hear higher pitched noises than humans. Even if you can't replicate the sound on the Youtube vid exactly, there is a very good chance they can still hear you and your spluttering attempts can still draw their attention. I've shot two foxes that responded to spluttering.

As someone said keep trying mate, move the tongue around slightly until you find the sweet spot, it took me around 1hr to get it to work right, bloody youngest daughter did it in about 2mins!
          Whacking Varmints is my passion!

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Originally posted by Varminator" post=15339
            As someone said keep trying mate, move the tongue around slightly until you find the sweet spot, it took me around 1hr to get it to work right, bloody youngest daughter did it in about 2mins!
            +1. Bought myself a silva fox whistle for my last trip west.. Took me at least 2 hours to get it and then play with pitch etc but my wife nailed it within a couple of mins. Practice makes perfect
        Working...
        X