.223 vs Fox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .223 vs Fox

Just got back from a evenings hunt. I came across a fox at 110yds eating on a lamb leg. I drilled it in the heart dropping it instantly. I wasn't sure what was eating at the time of the shot. It was in a paddock full of sheep.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2174.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	29790

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2172.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	29791

Booyah!
    "Love the bush for its own sake and you will never have an unsuccessful hunt".

Comment

Deleted the duplicat post and all should be here now anyway.
      Carry on -- .
      Mod team < cleaning >
      [center]
      Don’t poke the snake, walk around it and come back later with a double-barrelled shotgun and blow its [email protected]#!ing head off!.

Australia in future, the outcome is the same, a bloody dictatorship run on the whims of a very few ego-centric pathological elitists.

Comment

nice.
        still fairly green where you are by the looks of it Jas.

Comment

• BJ343
          BJ343 commented
          Editing a comment
          well done mate, chalk one for the good guys...that little bugger had what my dear long gone mum would have described as "shifty eyes"

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes had a lot of rain, and grass is green. Pretty dry underfoot so I expect it to dry up and to brown off.

Well done, a trusty CF like .223 tend to stop them quickly with heart shots.

Comment

Here's one the wife shot with the 223 Ruger using 55gn Nosler Shots - she hit in in the chest at a slight angle (just turned to run off when she lit it up) not sure if that's it's heart or what sitting on the side there! certain did a lot of damage at around 50m or so.

Whacking Varmints is my passion!

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            go Wifey

Nicely done!! One less to deal with.

Comment

Good job all .

I'm itching to get my first fox with my new .223 . Have to fix that soon as possible !

Comment

Working...
            X