• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• show us your working gun dogs

gday all,
    thanks to the mods for the dog section.
    i think it'll be much appreciated.

anyway, how 'bout people putting up some pics of their working gun dogs/hunting dogs etc.

my lil' springer spaniel.
    she'll be 14 at xmas. now much retired.

Click image for larger version

Name:	brodie_2013-10-04.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	24770

here are some photos of my current and past workers
    missy

Name:	15052010012.jpg
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	25105
    panda & lexi

Name:	140420121468.jpg
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	25106
    wooly

Name:	100_0942.JPG
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	25104
    dora

Name:	bluegirl-Copy.jpg
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	25107
    EJ & Blae

Name:	Ej.jpg
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	25108
    LuLu

Name:	Picture260.jpg
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	25109
    Sent via pony express and mail plane

You know that moment when the steak is on the grill and your mouth waters in anticipation? Vegans feel the same after mowing the lawn.

Comment

• Snag
      Snag commented
      Editing a comment
      here are some photos of my current and past workers

Awesome dogs Fish.

I rescued my Border Collie / Kelpie cross about 18 months ago She was three months old. I picked her up three months after I lost my 17 YO Bluey coss Wombat.

She is just fantastic. Makes be get off my butt for a run and a play every day. Smart as hell and affectionate without being soppy.

If you poke a Border Collie they will giggle.
      Poke a Kelpie and they'll say "Where's the action?"
      Poke a Bluey and they'll say "Don't!"

My future duck dog. Pic was taken about a month ago, so he's grown since then and is showing great promise so far.

Comment

To be honest he doesn't really belong here, but I reckon he would make a great service dog.
      His name is "Jack" and is just 10 months old, but still scares the crap out of a lot of people who first meet him.

Name:	Jackbeach.jpg
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	25941
      He who has never made a mistake has never made anything.

Many things have been developed by persons who were not smart enough to realize that they were impossible.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by Dingo745" post=9323
        To be honest he doesn't really belong here, but I reckon he would make a great service dog.
        His name is "Jack" and is just 10 months old, but still scares the crap out of a lot of people who first meet him.
        That is one beautiful looking shepherd. He'll be a big lad when he fills out in a couple of years.
        Attached Files

My 14 week Blue Heeler pup Zoe

Name:	Zoe.jpg
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	25947

Comment

• Snag
        Snag commented
        Editing a comment
        Young Gun,

How could you not love Zoe?

Rising star "scout" on the left 6 month old red cloud kelpie x bull Arab

Name:	received_m_mid.137724430499583c23b02d5b7e97b70_0.jpeg
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	26019

Comment

Rescued 10 yrs ago and he's never forgotten it, unbelievably loyal and attached to my hip.
        His mum was Rotty cross Shepherd and dad was a Bluey.
        Best 20 bucks I ever spent.

Name:	CopyofP1040200.JPG
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	26037

Comment

• Dingo745
          Dingo745 commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by wheelynuts" post=9418
          Rescued 10 yrs ago and he's never forgotten it, unbelievably loyal and attached to my hip.
          His mum was Rotty cross Shepherd and dad was a Bluey.
          Best 20 bucks I ever spent.
          He looks like one wise old timer. Bluey's are great dogs and tough as nails.
          Attached Files

This here little bugger came all the way from Charleville.... He begged Uncle Jed to get him away from that town and take him to Beverly Hills.

Attached Files

Comment

• fishphillott
          fishphillott commented
          Editing a comment
          his sister likes charleville Jed
          you can take the dog out of the bush but you can't take the bush out of the dog
          has he been for his operation yet

[quote="Jed Clampett" post=9897]This here little bugger came all the way from Charleville.... He begged Uncle Jed to get him away from that town and take him to Beverly Hills.

This is my current girl, Tess

Name:	Tess17082013.jpg
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	26528

This is my old mate waiting for a bite of the giant sardine I caught. He made it to 17. That's TLC for ya. He was a dwarf. Saved him from the green needle.

Name:	DSC_1453.JPG
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	26529

Comment

• fishphillott
          fishphillott commented
          Editing a comment
          the old fella didn't miss out on too many feeds did he Snag

This one is my next project. A pig dog.

You put him in your breast pocket and watch his ears and snout.

Then when he pulls his head in and vibrates you know you are onto something good.

Maybe I should keep his bottom half in a plastic liner.

Name:	RATDOG.jpg
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	26541

Comment

My little Jack Russell hates to back down . Unfortunately I have had to save him a few times.. He ended up pushing his weight around with the dog pictured and copped a bit of a hiding . Only a day off work and he was back on the quad

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	26604

He just loves being out hunting and just came back from a trip to the cape chasing pigs.

Comment

Most of you have probably seen me post my girl 'Indy'. Seeing as this is the official Gun Dog page opener I'll post again

This is her at 5 months of age doing her first rabbit retrieval. We played fetch for some time before I had her take it all the way back to the house for me. Excuse the repetitive "Good Girls" but, it usher praise word.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JYmiICHF5CQ

Comment

This is her the other week at 15months of age doing some obedience work using Sambar Hind Hocks. The deer was oestros making her glass on her rear hocks quite useful to our training and obedience.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yzuWOh4uZUc

Comment

Sadly, I am all done with using my girl on Deer this year. I got the fright of my life on Friday afternoon when I was walking up a gully and stood directly on the head of a brown snake whilst it's body wiped up at my leg. I absolutely shit bricks, just out of curiosity what is the triple jump world record again?
                I checked my legs about 10 times and all seemed well, thank god. However, I've seen too many of late and my girl means far too much to me to be risking her anymore this season.

Hey Young Gun she's a bloody rippa. Great photo! Who gets the front seat nowadays mate? The dog or the missus? it's great having a dog.

Comment

• Snag
                  Snag commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sadly, I am all done with using my girl on Deer this year........

Yep I will not take my girl into brown snake territory. She's probably quick and smart enough to handle a strike but I will not take the risk. I could not handle losing another chum at the moment.

Old mate Jackie In her rottweiler disguise --gamest dog I ever had taught Ned Kelly the definition of game.
                My dog the current little girl and baby in our home --has the courage of a mouse and a will of her own and unbounded love for her owners --US
                [center]
                Don’t poke the snake, walk around it and come back later with a double-barrelled shotgun and blow its [email protected]#!ing head off!.

Australia in future, the outcome is the same, a bloody dictatorship run on the whims of a very few ego-centric pathological elitists.

Comment

Working...
                X