Lost a good friend today! So post up your pics of mans best friend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost a good friend today! So post up your pics of mans best friend.

She was no hunting dog but she keep my family safe and our yard and house break in free.
    She also kept the yard Ibis free!
    She was a Smithfield Cattle Dog and at 15 and a half she had a good run.
    So lets see some photos of your faithfull hounds.
    That's her replacement to the right, I hope she trained her well!
    Cheers Mat

Sorry for your loss champ!!

Comment

Sorry to hear mate. I'd be lost with my mate.

Here's my bestest buddy Ralf.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040176.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	39931

He loves to play where I grab his feet and he bites me, always gently, and will nudge my hand with his nose when he wants to play.

Name:	P1040178.JPG
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	39932

Comment

Sorry to hear it.
        Lets hope she's up there chasing some cats in doggy heaven.

Comment

Name:	image_2013-11-06.jpg
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	39939

I hope she went peacefully....
          These are my families most recent boxers.... 1 past 2 present....
          I throw sub-moa rocks

If you heard the shot, you weren't the target

Comment

That sucks... Sorry to hear you lost your mate... I hope the young one is as good as the last...

Name:	12-B787615A-810449-960.jpg
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	39952

These are my 2... One is wolf hound x ridge back and the other is wolfhound x bull terrier...

My ridgeback cross (the brown one) is 10 years old now and the poor thing has a large cancerous growth at the base of her tail (about the size of a soft ball) and she is beginning to have a lot of difficulties because of it... Unfortunately we spotted the growth early and took her to the vet (about 2 years back) and the vet took samples and ran a few tests and the come back positive as cancer... The vet was worried that if he operated that it could cause the cancer to spread and that chemotheropy for her would run into the thousands of dollars with no guarantee that any of it would be successful or give her any longer to live... So the vet said to leave it and see how it went as he thought she would only get another 6 to 8 months before we would have to get her put down...
          She is still active but no matter how much we feed her she wont put on weight, and she is a lot of difficulties toileting... So it wont be long before I have to take her for one last drive...
          She has been my hunting and tracking dog earlier in her life, and the best dog imaginable with the kids, plus the best friend I have ever had... So I am dreading the day but it has to come...

Comment

• Gwion
            Gwion commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry about your dog. It's sad she's gone but she had a good innings, by the sound of things.

I was almost in the same boat last week when the little mutt below disappeared for three days. We had just given up on him when someone dropped him off home on Sat as we were getting ready for a b/day bash. Sort of a crap b/day thinking i'd lost him but a good present in the end when he came back on the day of the party. He is now under close confinement!

This is him looking sooky after getting his ear torn up in a tussle.

Name:	clay1.jpg
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	39962

We have another dog. He's old and mostly deaf. Sleeps a lot. Sometimes we have to look closely to make sure he's still breathing in his bed.

I'm sorry mate, its really sad that dogs cant live longer then they do.
          Love your country, love your family, love your sport.

Comment

Sorry for your loss mate.
            This is my 15 month old Doberman

Name:	DSC_0242.jpg
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	40013
            It's hard to soar like an eagle when you are surrounded by turkey's

Comment

That's a real bummer man.
              Me and my mate Dagwood are near inseparable

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	40017

Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	40018

Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	40018

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                Originally posted by Day675" post=26459
                That's a real bummer man.
                Me and my mate Dagwood are near inseparable
                hahaha dagwood sure is a comical looking character!

sucks to hear mate. its a killer when they leave.

my Mrs. (was a registered doberman breeder) told me that the reason dogs dont live as long as people is that it never takes them long to learn lifes lessons and then its time to move on to something better. she told me this when i had to have my girl put to sleep about a year ago.

i was lucky enough to get my boy from her last litter

my staffy girl (no longer with me) and my boy Titan.
              savage MKII FSS .22 boyds laminate stock leupold VX1 3-9X40
              howa 1500 .243 varmint bedded in boyds thumbhole stock leupold VX3 4.5-14X40 DNZmount
              howa 1500 .223 varmint in the "franken stock" shortened barrel (19") pecar 8X56 DNZmount
              gammo shadow 1000 .177
              akkar churchill 30" O/U 12G extractors

Comment

It can be very hard losing a pet.
                To some of us they are not just pets, but part of our family or replace a family.
                This is my departed old mate Zack, and his replacement who is now 11 months old Jack.
                Zack

Name:	zack.jpg
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	40058

Jack

Name:	Jackbeach_2013-11-06.jpg
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	40059
                He who has never made a mistake has never made anything.

Many things have been developed by persons who were not smart enough to realize that they were impossible.

Comment

Thanks everybody, was a tuff day but the memories of Millie will be with us till its our turn to go.
                  Thanks for posting pics of your friends also !
                  Cheers Mat.

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sorry for your loss, i cant bear thinking about losing the families german sherperd, shes a highly playful, intellectual dog who wouldnt hurt a fly.

Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	40107

• Dingo745
                    Dingo745 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Originally posted by Mat1979" post=26521
                    Thanks everybody, was a tuff day but the memories of Millie will be with us till its our turn to go.
                    Thanks for posting pics of your friends also !
                    Cheers Mat.
                    To quote a saying, " They are not gone, but are only waiting and watching for you at the Rainbow Bridge"

Bruce the 3 legged Staffy, fearless and loyal shadow. Would have a go at anything, his speciality was cats . Loved the pigs too, but size wasn't on his side.
                  This photo was taken after we caught a pig while fencing.
                  Alas, a snake was his downfall at 11 years old.

Name:	008.jpg
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	40286

Comment

we lost our 4.5 yr old Samoyed last Friday morning. my wife went out to the yard at 5am, he was good, wagging his tail. found him hour and a half later. don't know what happened. he was a great mate. my wife and I miss him greatly.

(can't work out how to post a pic, will work it out later and edit.)

Comment

Saw an article on TV about an assistance dog in the UK being awarded a Medal of Valour. After his master was hit by a car in his wheelchair, the dog rolled him into the recovery position, ran over the to wrecked wheelchair and got his master's mobile phone and took it to him and then took off to get help.

They really are a man's best friend (just don't tell the wife).

Here is my best friend.

Name:	Ruby.jpg
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	97671

I was a staunch "no dogs in the house" guy before this one. We had two other dogs but this one was special from a pup. She so much loved attention and was so affectionate and well-mannered... within a month was allowed in the house ... within two months was sleeping in our bedroom ... within three months was sleeping at the bottom of he marital bed.

She is a ACD x Ridgeback. Doesn't bark, doesn't smell and loves anything on two legs. Hates other dogs.

I will be a mess when this one goes. The little buggers just don't live long enough.

Comment

Working...
                      X