Hobie Pro angler 12 kayak goes over in 100km gusts off Cape Conran Vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobie Pro angler 12 kayak goes over in 100km gusts off Cape Conran Vic

This vid got a few kayak forums a flutter and at this point has had 23k + hits since January this year. Long and short of it heavy chop and messy conditions bump steer the pro angler and seeing as their design is for pondage and lakes the 2M swell tipped her over.

(Wind speeds were confirmed) forecast was clear calm and terrific but Mother Nature is a bitch!

http://youtu.be/NKSnRKLJpq0

Not sure how the YouTube clips are best added yet!

I'm a Hobie owner as well, although the Outback not the Pro Angler.

I think the interesting thing about this, is that the forecast was for "clear and calm".

Remember your safety equipment, wear your lifejacket, and never underestimate the sea!

Forget ya hat, forget ya gear (everything should be tethered to the yak anyways) and get to safety!

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Ranger" post=8096
      I'm a Hobie owner as well, although the Outback not the Pro Angler.

I think the interesting thing about this, is that the forecast was for "clear and calm".

Remember your safety equipment, wear your lifejacket, and never underestimate the sea!

Forget ya hat, forget ya gear (everything should be tethered to the yak anyways) and get to safety!
      There as a severe weather warning issued 2 hours before I launched I had searched cape conran it was under some eastern district of such and such zone at something at sea. Ohhhh yes it was me haha. 5knots max and .5 M swell was the forecast.
      The lesson for me was the forecast did not coincide with severe bursts of psychotic weather periods.

yep,...............that would suck big time.
    ranger,.........sold ya Centre console yet?

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Send-it" post=8872
      ranger,.........sold ya Centre console yet?
      She's currently sitting in a local boatyard awaiting sale on consignment.
Working...
X