Fishing Brisbane river

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing Brisbane river

Firstly I'd like to thank the Admin for this section.

Just wondering if anyone fishes the river upstream around where the Brisbane river meets the Bremmer river? I live on the Brisbane river and am keen to put the new boat in and see what I catch and possibly eat (provided it's safe to).

There are apparently lots of mud crabs in the area too and wouldn't mind throwing a few pots in too and see what happens.

good to see you back kapow, ive had alot of fun fishing bullsharks in that area, i dont know about eating anything out of there tho haha
    thanks!!

Comment

You know how to catch bullsharks ay? Might need you to come around to the new place and give me some pointers. My plan is to use bullsharks as my new crab bait! :lol:

Comment

• sirus17
        sirus17 commented
        Editing a comment
        Well it certainly is fun to catch them, its been a few years but haha
        I've also heard if you put the mudcrabs in fresh water they spit up all the dirt and crap that can make them taste bad?

Geez, I don't think I would catch and eat anything out of the Brisy or Bremer river !!!

Thanks....

************************************************** ************************************************** **

Comment

I wonder if I were to catch the crabs in my back yard, take them for an excursion to Morton bay for the day and then cook them up would it make a difference...

What's the worst that could happen.

Andy

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by KAPOW!!!" post=6175
          What's the worst that could happen.

Andy
          I'm guessing you'll get really good at threading the needle.

Originally posted by KAPOW!!!" post=5599
        Firstly I'd like to thank the Admin for this section.

Just wondering if anyone fishes the river upstream around where the Brisbane river meets the Bremmer river? I live on the Brisbane river and am keen to put the new boat in and see what I catch and possibly eat (provided it's safe to).

There are apparently lots of mud crabs in the area too and wouldn't mind throwing a few pots in too and see what happens.
        I have seen plenty of Bass caught around Karan Downs,on hardbodys.
        Blokes in canoes with electric motors.
        Tikka T3X 6XC
        Tikka T3X CTR 260 Rem
        Remington 788 - 6mm Rem
        Remington 788 - 222rem
        Browning Trombone .22

Comment

Cheers Everyone. I fly home on Wednesday so as soon as I find my house (I've never seen it) I'll be throwing the pots in. Have to put the boat in too and see what I catch.

Andy

Comment

Working...
          X