Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chasing Barra

HEYHEY
    I have a fantastic job which takes me to many remote areas around our wide brown land, however the barra have been rather picky lately. If you have any tips or tricks I'd love to hear them - Both salties and fresh water.
    I've caught many in the past on flies and lures, mostly small shiny floating lures. Flick em in near a snag and randomly wind it in in short bursts and pauses.
    FIRE AWAY!
    Roses are red, mud is brown, Windows up, loud pedal down!

After 30+ years of chasing barra in NQ the two most important things I have learnt is water temp and why would they be there i.e. food. Once you work that out in youre particular area you'll see the rewards they can be hard at times but they are predictable.

Comment

They should be coming in the bite with the weather warming up. I always fish the outgoing tide out front of feeder creeks in dirty water. I love throwing lures but I find for best result use live prawns on floats

Comment

I let my wife pull this one in to get her into fishing( didn,t no it was this big)
        Click image for larger version

Name:	005.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	25829

Click image for larger version

Name:	006.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	25830

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          [quote="Topside" post=9219]I let my wife pull this one in to get her into fishing( didn,t no it was this big)

I bet it worked

GOOD LORD! those are some quality fish! I've never really caught any monsters like that, my biggest one was ~40cm ish. Time to get my act togeather!!

Comment

• sirus17
          sirus17 commented
          Editing a comment
          im heading up to townsville/cairns in a few weeks! =)

I,ll give you a tip. There on the bite NOW at tinaroo around 5.00 am just of the bank. Retrieve your lures very very sloooooowly.

The fish my wife got was 1300 bent. We managed to release her alive and kicking.

Comment

I love them too. I catch them on zonker flies with a weed guard and a floating line. Chuck them into the mangrove roots and hang on! The weed guard lets you "walk" the fly over any snag.

Tides, food and water temp.....

Comment

I grew up (ie got older lol, didn't really grow up) around lake tinaroo, fantastic place, barra bash was always good

Comment

Working...
            X