Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last week Snapper fishing off Williamstown Oct 30th

Gday,

Didn't realize there was a fishing section so now I do know I thought I would share some photos of last weeks snapper fishing. First lot of photos are from Wednesday 30th October, early morning. I took my younger brother out (he is in orange jacket) and his mate who has never caught a snapper!!

Went to one of my spots where good fish are usually caught this time of year an I had been hearing some good reports of big fish getting caught....

Bait of choice was fresh Pilchards and silver Whiting... We bagged out with 9 fish by 7.30am and decided to call it a day as all fish were hooked in the guts and I did not want to hook the 10th fish and possibly kill that fish for no reason after releasing it. Fish weighed, 4.55kg, 4.6kg, 5.1kg, 5.4kg, 5.5kg, 5.7kg, 5.8kg, 5.9kg, 5.95kg.

Enjoy.. More photos to follow for the 31st of October and 1st of November...

Good stuff mate, love a bit of snapper.
    Not suitable for mature audiences

Comment

That's good work Butta

There's a ton of fine looking snapper coming out of PPB and WP, which is great to see. I went out a few weeks ago with a mate & he snagged an 80cm 6.8kg specimen near Joe's Island.

Comment

• El-Skippo
        Skip commented
        Editing a comment
        That's some good tasting fish's there

We got a scale ban on here so it's catch and release ATM till end of Dec from memory.

Thanks gents.

ReelTackle: A few of the old timers at my fishing club said the same thing when they saw the quality of the fish... I'll get some more photos up of the following two days when I got some time this arvo...

P.S there are some thumpers in the next lot of photos!!!!! Standby...................

Comment

missing snapper season....

bloody wife dragging me to Tassy...

Nice fish, dood!
        List to tick off:
        - TICK!!! NEW SCOPE: Sightron S-tac 2.5-17.5 X 56mm
        - TICK !!Left handed 223rem, Zastava M85
        - wildcat build in progress: 223McShort
        - TICK!!! Rebarrel Howa to 7mm-08
        - TICK!!! case trimmer/turner
        - Comp dies for 7mm-08
        - Case annealer
        - Custom dies for wild cat

Comment

well you know what to do in tassie then!
          grab a cheap rod and find some bream or trout.

Comment

• Gwion
            Gwion commented
            Editing a comment
            Originally posted by Send-it" post=25212
            well you know what to do in tassie then!
            grab a cheap rod and find some bream or trout.
            Ha ha... yep. No such thing as a cheap rod at my place, Send-it. Well, i guess they might be cheap for some folks but my cheapest rig runs about $300 and the most expensive up over $1000. I have about 16 rods and 20+ reels.....

Been doing a little "landscaping" (trimming willows etc) down the creek that runs through our place earlier in the week. Might go for a few casts for a trout later this arvo. Too nice a day to spend on the forum!

Do miss the variety of species to target in Vic
            Plan to suss out these elusive Tassie snapper, king fish and whiting but 'til then the bream and trout will have to do

yeah,........know what you mean.
          i started off with el-cheapo stuff long time back, then upgraded to this and that.
          now i got a collection of better stuff that seems to add up a bit.
          but did that make me catch anything other than one measily salmon trount yesterday?..........NUP. :lol:
          when they're not hungry,.........they're not hungry.

Comment

• Gwion
            Gwion commented
            Editing a comment
            Originally posted by Send-it" post=25225
            yeah,........know what you mean.
            i started off with el-cheapo stuff long time back, then upgraded to this and that.
            now i got a collection of better stuff that seems to add up a bit.
            but did that make me catch anything other than one measily salmon trount yesterday?..........NUP. :lol:
            when they're not hungry,.........they're not hungry.
            Too true, Send-it, too true!

Good gear is nice to use, though. More finesse etc. Also, it's nice to know that when you hook onto that screamer, the drag isn't going to pack it in or cheap die-cast gearing just crap itself!!!

Anyhoo... those snapper sure look nice!
        Working...
        X