Any Bass Fisho's in here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Bass Fisho's in here?

Ivé been a bit distracted the past couple of yrs with shooting but was/am a mad keen Bass fisho prior.

Really should get out this Summer & give e'm another run.

Biggest River fish (Hunter Valley) 46cm

Favourite Lure/s
    Daylight hrs - Rebel Wee Frog in Bulfrog Green (3/8 oz)
    twilight or dark (my favourite time) Black Jitterbugs - home made as below

The Bass Buster 3
    Honda 31cc 4 Stroke Whipper Snipper converted into an out board

Bass Buster 2
    Made from scratch out of 1.6mm Aluminium sheet. Powered by a 60cc Homelite Chainsaw with an Expansion Chamber pipe I made to a Formulae for motox bikes.

Mick.

I've caught bass but I'm no bass fisho - caught heaps of estuary perch while spinning for jew though!

I would call myself an LBG/ Jewfisho I suppose - but I enjoy some bait fishing for bread an butter species now and then too (big change of pace from LBG/ jew spinning)

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Photos added

Originally posted by BillyBushCook" post=17736
    Ivé been a bit distracted the past couple of yrs with shooting but was/am a mad keen Bass fisho prior.

Really should get out this Summer & give e'm another run.

Biggest River fish (Hunter Valley) 46cm

Favourite Lure/s
    Daylight hrs - Rebel Wee Frog in Bulfrog Green (3/8 oz)
    twilight or dark (my favourite time) Black Jitterbugs - home made as below

The Bass Buster 3
    Honda 31cc 4 Stroke Whipper Snipper converted into an out board

Bass Buster 2
    Made from scratch out of 1.6mm Aluminium sheet. Powered by a 60cc Homelite Chainsaw with an Expansion Chamber pipe I made to a Formulae for motox bikes.

Mick.
    Straight to the pool room with that one Mick - awesome effort, well done.
    Whacking Varmints is my passion!

Comment

Caught 14 bass the 2 weekends ago, vortex spinner bait $14 lure

Comment

• several
        several commented
        Editing a comment
        Bills Bugs.... Dynamite on bass. I grew up on the Allen River, tones of bass I caught millions of the buggers as a teenager.
        3.5lb is the biggest I've seen taken out of that river, the water level dropped 2 inches when it was pulled out .

Billy BushCook.
      After reading many of your previous posts it comes as no surprise to see most of your fishing gear is home made, from the spinners to the motor and even the bloody boat. All I can say is keep up the good work. I wouldn't be game to make a motor out of a whipper snipper, I have enough troble getting them going in the back yard. NBT

Comment

haven't caught a bass.
        do they put up a good fight or do they feel like a wet bag on the bottom?

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by Send-it" post=29809
          haven't caught a bass.
          No wet bag, they have a big paddle and a very bad attitude.

• several
          several commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by Send-it" post=29809
          haven't caught a bass.
          They put up a hell of a fight, many a time I've been winding one in thinking its bloody huge due to the ferocity of the struggle only to discover I've hooked a little fella bout 8 inches long.

:lol:
        ok.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	BASS001.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	42984

A couple of 50's from about 16 years ago, when I actually got fishing occasionally. Measured the tile squares after the photo, they were 25cm per square. From memory both fish went 4 pounds neat.

Comment

************************************************** *************************************************

BillyBushCook, I'm most impressed with your ability to construct your fishing dingy.

The whipper sniper engine is a stroke of Australian Genius in action.

I fear this type of home ingenuity is disappearing from the Australian landscape.

Thanks....

************************************************** *************************************************

Comment

Vortex spinner baits 1/8oz... the gf and i caught about 15 bass each over 3 days using them, in one stretch of creek.... the gf also caught a 53cm yellowbelly as well.

Comment

Catching bass using home made lures from A HOME MADE BOAT.

Brilliant

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Originally posted by overkill" post=37427
                  Catching bass using home made lures from A HOME MADE BOAT.....Drinking Home Made Beer.
                  Brilliant
                  Fixed that for ya :lol:

Mick.

Mick, loved the boat mate but I'd suggest an electric motor. I have and old Watersnake 55lb bowmount if you want it. PM me if your interested.
                JD

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  PM inbound headspace.
                  Thx.

Mick.
              Working...
              X