native fruit and vege

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest commented on 's reply
    I have "Wild Food Plants of Australia" by Tim Low. It is a nice little book, covers lots of native plant species for all Australian habitats but only limited info on introduced species and fungi.

• 17fireball
    replied
    Originally posted by sirus17" post=7231
    Hey everyone,

I've been trolling the internet looking for books that are/contain a comprehensive guide to native Australian fruit and vegetables,
    Found one called "australian rainforest fruits" which looks pretty good but it doesn't touch on vegetables.

Anyone point me in the right direction or even have something they might want to offload?
    Have you seen this one? don't know if it what you are looking for.

http://www.booktopia.com.au/bush-tucker-field-guide-les-hiddins/prod9781741170283.html?gclid=CKjr-46S7roCFUMzpAodd0sA9Q

Leave a comment:

Guest commented on Guest's reply
    Do they absolutely have to be native species or just growing in the wild? There is a new book 'The Weed Forager's Handbook' out in stores now on edible weeds in Australia. I've tried a number of them now and found it very useful and accurate.

Guest replied
    I'm interested in this too, let me know what u end up with

Leave a comment:

• sirus17
    started a topic native fruit and vege

native fruit and vege

Hey everyone,

I've been trolling the internet looking for books that are/contain a comprehensive guide to native Australian fruit and vegetables,
    Found one called "australian rainforest fruits" which looks pretty good but it doesn't touch on vegetables.

Anyone point me in the right direction or even have something they might want to offload?
Working...
X