Red Claw and Capsicum Pasta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Claw and Capsicum Pasta

This is a recipe I have been playing with for a while trying to get to just right for me, I have just copied my source material and changed/added in brackets stuff i have tried, Haven't been able to get any red claws lately so I went back to my source material and used prawns. I am hoping to start seeing red claws again soon though.

4 cloves garlic, crushed
    1 onion shallot, finely chopped
    2 teaspoons grated root ginger
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    1 green capsicum, seeded and chopped
    1 medium tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
    2 teaspoons curry powder
    1/2 teaspoon whole allspice berries
    1/2 cup (125ml) chicken stock (can use veg stock but not as nice, that was my first experiment)

3 tablespoons Grand Marnier (not totally necessary)
    1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
    3 teaspoons dark brown soft sugar
    2 teaspoons cornflour
    1 tablespoons chilli paste
    250g pasta of your choice, suggestion is fettuccine or spirals
    750g fresh red claw tails (swap for prawns its up to you if you prefer)
    handful chopped fresh coriander

In a small bowl, combine garlic, shallot, ginger and oil.

In another small bowl, combine green capsicum, tomato, curry powder, allspice, chicken stock, Grand Marnier, soy sauce, brown sugar, cornflour and chilli paste. Cover and refrigerate both until ready to use.

Cook pasta according to packet instructions; drain.

Heat a large deep pan over high heat. When hot, add garlic-oil mixture. Cook until garlic begins to sizzle but has not browned.

Stir the tomato mixture, then pour into the pan. Bring to the boil and cook until it begins to thicken, about 3 minutes.

Stir in the prawns, and toss until they become pink, about 2 minutes. Immediately add the cooked pasta. Stir and toss until well combined and pasta is heated through. Taste and adjust seasonings, especially salt.

Transfer to a heated serving platter and sprinkle on the coriander. Serve.

There is some playing around i want to do with my next batch, will let you all know how it goes
Working...
X