Vacuum sealers/Cryovac machine question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacuum sealers/Cryovac machine question

hi all, we are looking for a vacuum sealer for domestic use packing meat for sou vied cooking and for freezing

does anyone have any recommendations? I have reservations about buying a cheaper entry level model

thanks, steve

edit: i'm also aware the cheaper bags can be an issue

HAve a look at your local masters butchers co-op, they sell premium home models and the bags cheap !

Comment

Yeah, if your cooking sous-vide ,you want good bags. Been there and bought twice. What size bags are you looking to fill?

Spotty Dog is on the money. Butchers use their cryovacs much more than restaurateur 's do. The only difference being the cooks like to immerse them in warm water :0

Are you after a gas purge type or regular vacuum (just in case you are considering things like ageing and canning)?
      Do not pass GO. Do not collect $200.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by DeadMeat" post=31709
        Yeah, if your cooking sous-vide ,you want good bags. Been there and bought twice. What size bags are you looking to fill?

Spotty Dog is on the money. Butchers use their cryovacs much more than restaurateur 's do. The only difference being the cooks like to immerse them in warm water :0

Are you after a gas purge type or regular vacuum (just in case you are considering things like ageing and canning)?
        thanks for the replies fellas,

i'm looking for a machine to suck and seal bags for sous vide. i have a thermostat that will run my rice cooker as a bain marie for slow cooking meats and sausages. i' also want to seal food to go in the 12v fridge for trips away and for packing away jerky and cured meats.

i think i've settled on an entry level machine that someon the 4x4 forums have recommend and i have other people i know who have had good words to say about it. it's a no name brand but will see me through for a year or two i hope. also the low end units are not as power hungry and can be run from an inverter in the vehicle

steve

Ahh sweet. Keep us posted on the outcome. This technology is becoming more and more popular and thus affordable. Be sure to post up the nosh
      Do not pass GO. Do not collect $200.

Comment

Working...
      X