Rifle vice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rifle vice

G'day all just wondering what type of vice everyone uses or if not what do you use??

This is what I use - does the job, there are more versatile versions of it which would suit those who like pulling their firearms apart all the time, mines basically used for cleaning purposes and some gun maintenance, which it works well for.

LINK
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/607786/tipton-gun-vise
    Whacking Varmints is my passion!

Comment

I'm also using a Tipton, have been for over 10 years. No complaints.

Comment

Yeah I also have a Tipton
        Faster Horses
        Younger Women
        Older Whiskey
        More Money

SSAA N52

Comment

I'm using the MTM one. Was fairly cheap. Good for cleaning and scope mounting and other small tasks. But not gunsmith standard.

Comment

• TheOtherLeft
            TheOtherLeft commented
            Editing a comment
            Originally posted by Harvey" post=5973
            I'm using the MTM one. Was fairly cheap. Good for cleaning and scope mounting and other small tasks. But not gunsmith standard.
            Which MTM one? I'm after a simple (and cheap) one for cleaning.

Has anyone tried the Buffalo River one?

The 'lyman revolution rotating gun vise' would take my vote. I do not own one but if I were to buy one this would be it

Comment

• Varmtr
            Varmtr commented
            Editing a comment
            Lyman rotating vice here as well

I built one to suit... Cheap and effective... Just cut out ply, with a bit of padding, nothing special... But it works for me...

Comment

An ideal vice for cleaning guns is built so that the back jaw moves and the front one is fixed; this way the vice handle is always in exactly the same plane regardless of the thickness of the job..
            Many cheap wood vices can be mounted so that the front jaw is fixed to the bench.

For working on small parts etc., a universal swivel vice is a must.

Comment

Working...
            X