Macarms Remington Chassis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macarms Remington Chassis

Macarms and Macarms Jnr Remington chassis, almost finished here, thought I would put up a few pictures of it, still needs a little trimming in the centre section.

Mac

Looks great, how is the forend connected? Does it have a thread the same as a castle nut on AR?

Comment

• Macarms
      Macarms commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi QuickShooter,
      Yeah it has a thread thats offset low so the barrel runs closer to the top so rings dont need to be super high.

Mac

Any ballpark figures on the weight and dollars?
    Will the but stocks like the ace ultra lights fit straight on... I'm guessing they will.
    Also guessing it takes AI mags?

Comment

• Macarms
      Macarms commented
      Editing a comment
      Mogster it will not take ace stocks, only magpul, as it gives better ergonomics with a higher check piece, it takes AICS mags, hoping to have it competitively priced and have it come in under $1000.
      Not sure on weight sorry.

Let us know GregT hope to have a few in production next year

Mac

Very cool Mac! I know someone who might be very interested in one of those.
    Guns don't kill people, Chuck Norris does.

Comment

looking at getting this back up and running again, testing of the first prototype went very well, performed like a dream, and bagged a few hundred goats one weekend to test it out, almost 400 goats which involved a lot of high speed mag changes. the platform is very nice to shoot (apart from brake noise) and is still sub MOA .Just a few little changes to be done simply to make machining processes quicker and easier, will probably be looking at running my own keymod front rail system to shave a lil more weight out of it. and bring costs down. Looking at getting a Tikka one up and running soon also. Might have to find a Tikka somewhere in Syd to get some measurements off though and do some testing with. But as always time and money are the issue, just when I have all the money I need to have my 4 axis CNC up and running my Hilux motor seizes, so now I have to spent $$$$ getting the ute back up and running.
      Looking at starting to out source CNC work as I am working huge hours, doing a lot of traveling and have little machine time. Been doing Solidworks in my sleep for two weeks now, Got some good courses coming up over the next few weeks, a few solid works ones, also CNC cam, form, flow, 3d scan, and lets just say a few more on top of that that will be handy, brain will be in overload, got numerous projects on the go at the moment, and currently there's not enough time every 24hr to sleep.
      Will keep you posted.

Mac

Comment

• Pody
        Pody commented
        Editing a comment
        Mac how did the outcome with the Hilux go?

I personally like the look of the second one a bit more.
      We use 43 muscles to frown,
      17 to smile,
      and 2 to pull a trigger.
      I'm lazy and I'm tired of smiling.

Comment

I reckon of the 2 the top one makes more sense, the bottom one is just carrying more material with no real purpose. If you're going to cnc them, why not add a curve or two around the magwell and trigger guard? There's no need for straight lines when you've got those little motors whizzing the table around!
        Guns don't kill people, Chuck Norris does.

Comment

• jhonvdp
          jhonvdp commented
          Editing a comment
          They both look alright, the top makes me think KRG or XLR chassis, the bottom one makes me think Colt M2012 or AR.
      Working...
      X