Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7he Nut
    commented on Guest's reply
    Very good write up, and looks very nice as well!

• S12A
    commented on 's reply
    Update

Added Grip to forend and grip areas , used body filler and made it rough while applying it, once it dried i used sandpaper to knock the sharp bits off.

hit it with some arctic style camo for something different, swapped out scope to my Falcon 4-14X44 FFP MIL/MIL in Larue mount.

Also added Atlas Forend rail.

• Sporting Firearms
    replied
    Just a note on short barrel shooting for the el-cheapo truck gun I made from a Vanguard.

I did a 16" barrel and shooting out of a car even nobody needed hearing protection with it outside the window.

Seen here next to my 22" Howa. It has a Jnr stock as well as a 16" barrel.

Click image for larger version

Name:	GavsWeatherby-Howas.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	29400

Leave a comment:

• S12A
    Thanks doc

Swapped out the trigger for an older style remington trigger which is heaps better
    Im not really an Atlas fan, I agree they are well built but I find them slow. I am a parker hale bipod fan but use a lot of harris'

Guest replied
    Very nice work there. As for triggers a Jewel would be the best option or a Timmeny running second place. Only difference is the Jewel is a bit more flexible with trigger weight, If I may suggest as for a bipod go with an Atlas as they are by far the best money can buy and come with cant and pan.

10 Thumbs up!

Cheers

Doc

Leave a comment:

• S12A
    cheers fellas,

Tallahassee , its a fun handy rifle but its by no means an LR rig, its a weird rifle to shoot but im getting used to it

Guest replied
    Great looking rifle and a great write up.

Thanks.

Thanks alot.

I have the SPS with the 20 inch barrell. Now it seems 3 and a half inches too long.

Leave a comment:

Guest commented on 's reply
    Fantastic build. Cheers for the write up!

• S12A
    replied
    Shoot yesterday at QMRC

Leave a comment:

• S12A
    Jed, that is a very nice looking shorty... those nightforce scopes are the right size and power for something like this. good stuff all round

Guest replied
    Mighty swish there young fella. Hopes to see more from you as time goes on. Love the 'Skippy' on the stock.

Here's 'Whispering Jack'.... one of my stubbies, built by a fella on here called Subbie.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• S12A
    commented on 's reply
    cheers Druid , much appreciated.

• Druid 66
    replied
    Superb job - Thanks for sharing it

Leave a comment:

• S12A
    commented on 's reply
    cheers mate, i will look into jewell a bit more then!

• Movealongnothingtoseehere
    replied
    Thats a real nice build. It'd probably do pretty well at the tactical/practical type matches as well as your intended field use.

I recommend Jewell triggers. If you get a B709 and find a dealer in the USA to source one for you it'll be heaps cheaper than trying to find one here.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X