Light engineering in Pakistan - Gunsmithing of a different kind, with some interesting workmanship.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light engineering in Pakistan - Gunsmithing of a different kind, with some interesting workmanship.

I found this video very interesting. It's not even typical engineering as we're used to it, and shows the sort of gunsmithing that isn't commonly seen. It also highlights that it doesn't take a complicated shop to create - just basic tools and some mechanical skill.

I think this is how most of their local weapons ( for policing, etc ) are created. I'd love to hear the opinions of some of our local experienced gunsmiths on watching the video.

Thanks
    David

You may want to have a look at this thread:
    http://www.shootingaustralia.net/forum/off-topics-only/1951-good-video-on-the-pakastani-arms-markets

Having seen a lot of Paki Khyber Pass weapons before, quality on a lot of them leaves a lot to be desired. There's actually a lot of machinery used including CNC, but they tend not to show it in the video's. Most of what you see is the hand fitting of parts together, it's old school, but it works. The Achilles heal of Khyber Pass guns is normally their poor materials and lack of engineering. They definitely have a can do attitude though. I spoke with a representative of the Paki government who was trying to drum up business at the Shot Show (Las Vegas). They can pretty well copy anything, and the quality depends on how much you want to pay.

Comment

• Varmtr
      Varmtr commented
      Editing a comment
      Are they available on ebay ?

several words come to mind..........safety(love the caustic bath and the sandals), repeatability or lack of, and old school!
    Oh dear, how sad....never mind.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't know what crawled into the brick barbeque, but it wasn't coming out again.
Working...
X