Headspace check after barrel/cal change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headspace check after barrel/cal change?

G'day all I've got a rem700 sps varmint chambered in 243, would be interested in rebarrelling to 308 and buying a 223/22-250 as a replacement cos I find the 243 to big for foxes and I'd like a bit more punch for pigs/goats ect.
    I looked up on it and there was no mention of headspace checks changing from one to the other. I would imagine that it would be necessary and if so how much am I looking at for such a service?
    I would consider just swapping barrels to a 22-250 as iv got the 7mm sector covered with a 30-30 and a 303 but more guns is obviously the sensible and fun way. Just don't tell my wallet or partner.
    Cheers beau.

Originally posted by Beau-Jackson" post=43750
    G'day all I've got a rem700 sps varmint chambered in 243, would be interested in rebarrelling to 308 and buying a 223/22-250 as a replacement cos I find the 243 to big for foxes and I'd like a bit more punch for pigs/goats ect.
    I looked up on it and there was no mention of headspace checks changing from one to the other. I would imagine that it would be necessary and if so how much am I looking at for such a service?
    I would consider just swapping barrels to a 22-250 as iv got the 7mm sector covered with a 30-30 and a 303 but more guns is obviously the sensible and fun way. Just don't tell my wallet or partner.
    Cheers beau.
    The gunsmith who does the calibre change will make sure head space is within tolerance.

Comment

no such thing as too much gun on a fox

As oddball said, the smith who does the job will sort out the headspace for you.

Comment

Working...
      X