Action Screws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Action Screws

Just curious as to what happens with action screws when you sell or buy a replacement stock.
    I recently sold my Talon stock and I shipped it with the action screws, should I have kept these or will my new Bell Carlson come with screws?
    Do different stocks require different length screws to fit the action ?
    I probably should have thought about this before posting my old stock.

Forgive my ignorance but I've never changed stocks before.

Cheers,

Several.
    Not suitable for mature audiences

You probably should have held onto them.

From my experience most stocks will use the same screws,
    There some exceptions like Savage MK2 Boyds stocks. The factory screws are too short and you are left trying to work out where to buy some replacements.

I assume you own a Howa or Weatherby?
    Being Japanese built dose anyone know if they use metric screws?

JH

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Speaking from my limited experience none of the stocks I have had pass through (Hogues and ATI's) have come with screws, my XLR did but every screw in the kit was too short, only engaging by a couple of threads.
      A trip to the bolt shop fixed that.

Gday Several

in some cases stocks will ship with screws but not very often.
    the only time i have had it was when i bought a chassis from roedale in germany and the bolts were captive in the chassis.
    if you cannot contact the manufacturuer of the Rife directly you should be able to get the screws via the distributor in Australia but you may have a bit of a wait.

if its a Remington or savage you may have luck on Brownellsor if you have a good mate with the same rifle maybe he can drop the screws out of his and you can go to your local nuts and bolt shop to have a set done up?

Comment

I just contacted the guy I sold the stock to and he's going to post them back to me.
      What a good bloke.
      Not suitable for mature audiences

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by several" post=228
        I just contacted the guy I sold the stock to and he's going to post them back to me.
        What a good bloke.
        Thats exactly what makes this sport/community so special.

JH

Howa's use a regular M6x1 thread for the action screws so they're easy to replace.
      Guns don't kill people, Chuck Norris does.

Comment

Working...
      X