Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increasing trigger weight on STI Targetmaster

Hi all,

How would I go about increasing the trigger weight on the STI Targetmaster?
    It is a 1911 single stack frame. I tried it with trigger weights today and it is currently around 1000g.
    I am looking to get up to 1360g for WA1500 and service.

Regards Murph

Murph,
    Drop the main spring housing out. Bend the left hand "finger" of the sear spring in. This is what puts more pressure on the sear.

Cheers,

Oddball

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Oddball.

Will give it a go. The unfortunate thing is the trigger is so verry verry nice as it is

Regards Murph

Hi Murph,
    The best way to increase trigger weight without changing sear angles etc is to replace the main spring (sometimes called hammer spring) with a slightly heavier spring, you can buy these springs in increasing weights of 1 pound increments, with a bit of trial and error you will end up with a trigger pretty close to or just over the weight you need, I did my Targetmaster recently and I fitted a 17 pound spring to acheive almost right on 3 pounds, that would be a good starting point if 3 pounds is what you are after (that is the minimum weight for service and 1500 etc) all guns will be slightly different even in the same brand and model. Its a pretty easy change it's just a pain in the bum to do it several times to get it right where you want it.
    Hope this helps,
    Cheers G.

Comment

Working...
    X