Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prices

What is it about gun shops? I wanted to fit a sling to a shotgun, drill one hole in buttstock and install front uncle mikes barrel clamp, no hardware suppliedjust drill a hole and allen wrench install of front clamp.
    A total of $100.
    Will be doing it myself! Stuff that! I dont understand why so much for a hole!

Wow, yeah do it your self.
    Love your country, love your family, love your sport.

Comment

• jamster
      jamster commented
      Editing a comment
      If that was a plumber or sparky drilling a hole, they'd be charging $250, so $100 is cheap!

The jig you buy to ensure a straight hole on the right angle costs over $100, if you wanted to do a couple i would buy the jig. I have drilled one myself and it wasn't perfectly straight.

Comment

Originally posted by xbrute" post=11865
      ...Stuff that! I dont understand why so much for a hole!
      Ha mate, you can pay more than double that & still have to return it half an hour later!

In all seriousness though, I bought an $11 set of swivel bases from my LGS and when I started asking for some tips about the best and cleanest way to install them the guy behind the counter asked me if I had the rifle with me. When I told him that it was outside in the back of the car he insisted that I go out & get it, and he then professionally drilled the holes and fitted the swivel bases there & then and all for no charge and even gave me a discount on the sling that I then decided to buy. If your LGS wants to charge you a hundred bucks to drill a single small hole in a piece of wood, then I'd suggest that you go & find another gunshop to spend your hard-earned in who will appreciate your custom and provide you with some old fashioned customer service...

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Its dissapointing because they had the chance to have me as a regular customer. I only really try to get to one specific LGS but when your a courier working in that area for the next few months it makes sense to use them.

my local has been pretty good to me mounted bipods, drilled holes and mounted scope then bore sighted them for me never been charged a cent for that

but with the amount of cash i spend there their bloody well want to

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Ye i dont spend a hell of alot, maybe $5000 a year but still would like to be looked after.

My LGS nows me better then my parnets most days

there normaly know witch day i come home from work and have the guns ready to pick up and there normaly know the day i go back to work as well

but i do spend around $1k a month if not more

Comment

Working...
      X