Bore cleaner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bore cleaner?

Is there a best solvent/bore cleaner? Failing that, best value cleaner, regarding the bullets getting stuck in the barrel, like.

boretech products are fantastic, i use them in all of my guns
    thanks!!

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by sirus17" post=10983
      agree, i use all three boretech products (eliminator, powder and copper) for different things

ring HSS and ask politely for a good price on them if you buy two or more. also i use boretech proof positive copper free jags and nylon brushes. when i see blue on a jag i know it's from fouling and not just from the copper in the brass jag or brush

http://www.hss.net.au/index.php?cPath=21_23
      http://www.hss.net.au/index.php?cPath=21_38&osCsid=7b090728f592d1e6af791fccc9cacbc7

steve

• Jason Lefty
      Jason Lefty commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by sirus17" post=10983
      +1

[quote="chewtah" post=10982]Is there a best solvent/bore cleaner? Failing that, best value cleaner, regarding the bullets getting stuck in the barrel, like.[/quote

What's the bit about bullets getting stuck in the barrel all about? I don't know. Anyway I just use Hoppes No. 9 as a cleaner.
    I'm in love with Jennifer Hawkins and Alessandra Ambrosio

Comment

• sirus17
      sirus17 commented
      Editing a comment
      hahah i missed that bit

Froglube is all I can recommend.

Comment

Boretech eliminator

Comment

• Jerry
        Jerry commented
        Editing a comment
        +++ for Boretech eliminator and positive proof jags, best thing out. For removing heavy leading I used to use a home brew of white vinegar and bicarb soda, plugged the breach, poured down the barrel and let it bubble away - works a treat. Assuming its a 22lr if it is settling down after 4-5 shots I wouldnt clean until it starts to lose accuracy, my Sako quad is up to about 2000 since I last cleaned it with no problems.
        Jerry

Montana X-Treme Copper Killer

Comment

• Varmtr
        Varmtr commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by ragonfand" post=17149
        Montana X-Treme Copper Killer
        I have heard good reports on Montana products but as yet to try it.

I believe the bigger problem you have is lodging a projectile in the barrel.

I'm not sure how you think a bore cleaner or solvent will help that problem in any way.

If you're hand loading I suggest you increase your charge weight or look for another load so you don't have this issue.

I'd hate for you to lodge a projectile in the barrel without noticing and then send another one on its way.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Sweets 762 solvent is a good copper remover, dont leave it in your barrel longer then 15 minutes at a time.Cheers Allan

gday,

I used to use Hoppes #9 and Sweets 762. My gunsmith Geoff Grenfell put me onto Montana and I have never looked back....

Think I will look at these copper free brushes from HSS though

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Havn't had anything to do with Patch out or Boretech, I mostly use Butch's Bore shine & Sweets when needed & used to use Hoppes.
        I found Butches to be a bit better/stronger than Hoppes but still needed a dose of Sweets every few hundred rounds to remove stubborn Copper.
        Butches does strip copper but after a while there can be Copper there that the Butches just won't shift.

So for me, trying to minimise the use of really harsh Chemicals, Butche's Boreshine gets my vote as an every day cleaner.
        Stronger than Hoppes but not as harsh as Sweets.

Mick.

From having everything in my kit from Hoppes No9, Sweets, JB bore kleen, I have stared using Frog Lube and have been quite impressed about the amount of crud it has gotten out. Might be worth a look for you.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Boretech also do a "Rimfire Blend" for lead.
    Working...
    X