Rail to receiver torque value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rail to receiver torque value?

Hey guys what is the torque value to fit a pic rail to a TRG receiver? I have read 15-20 inch pounds but it doesnt sound right. Any advice including which threadlock compound to use.
    Thanks.
    Using a badger ordnance rail.

Originally posted by xbrute" post=27255
    Hey guys what is the torque value to fit a pic rail to a TRG receiver? I have read 15-20 inch pounds but it doesnt sound right. Any advice including which threadlock compound to use.
    Thanks.
    Using a badger ordnance rail.
    I do 40 inch pound's on mine egw's with loctite 243. ( blue ) But nail polish will work also.

If it's on a big kicker you might have a similar issue like M77 had and the screw's sheer. Mine have M4 cap crew's in my .300 win mag. Not by choice ( Dodgy gun shop/smith job year's back ) did a hack job.....Might remember it from the old forum. I had to drill out the screw's and re tap to a larger screw due to the bodge job of them getting arildite down the hole's. Lesson learned ( I am much wiser now then i was when i first had the rifle. Year's ago )

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Its going on a TRG42 338lm, the rail has a locating pin or lug of some sort so that wont be a issue with shearing. Just dont want to have any probs with the receiver flexing etc.
Working...
X