Buying a new gun in WA is a joke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a new gun in WA is a joke

I am up to pussys elbow with the WA Police and the time it takes to get a new gun permit. In Victoria it takes a couple of hours. WTF!!!

Tell me about it. I visit WA regularly, with firearms, easy enough really, very good response times for the required permits.

My wife is from WA, and we have considered the move over, but this is one of my biggest issues with it, been a world level shooter and having multiple .308 cal rifles the folks at WLB woke probably have a fit... But it's simply the reality of shooting at that level, not only multiple .308 based rifles but each has a number of barrels. When your switching between 155-210gr you need widely different specs, and not I Lu in twist.

The folks at WLB seem to glaze over a bit when you talk to them about it...

Maybe I need to address the issues direct with Nick Holberton, but then, maybe Qld is just easier.....

Comment

Yep, I got called and had to justify and explain my need to own a .177 air rifle as I already owned a .22 air rifle.
      Then smooth sailing when I put in the application for a Sako Quad 17hmr/22lr.
      It makes no sense that it would be easier for me to now acquire a shotgun or centerfire than to collect another airgun.
      I can only shoot one gun at at a time, would i be more dangerous owning 5 airguns than 5 sensibly spread out caliber choices?? WTF???

Comment

• El-Skippo
        Skip commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by Spaana" post=45846
        Yep, I got called and had to justify and explain my need to own a .177 air rifle as I already owned a .22 air rifle.
        Then smooth sailing when I put in the application for a Sako Quad 17hmr/22lr.
        It makes no sense that it would be easier for me to now acquire a shotgun or centerfire than to collect another airgun.
        I can only shoot one gun at at a time, would i be more dangerous owning 5 airguns than 5 sensibly spread out caliber choices?? WTF???
        Welcome to WA

It's not called the Wait Awhile state for nothing
    Working...
    X