QLD license renewal - massive delay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QLD license renewal - massive delay

I've had my license expire about 10 days ago... I put in the renewal application on about the 20th of October (almost 2 months early) and it still hasn't turned up.... I gave the WPL a call the day before it was going to expire to find out what the go was and they reckon there running a bit over a month behind on the renewals and they have staff working overtime to get them done.... they told me I have 42 days after the license expires before I'm unlicensed but it should be assessed about a week before that happens and if there's any problems with the application they will notify me and I can fix it.... well that will leave me with approximately a few days to sort it out.... I thought the 42 days was there to allow time to sort out errors not just a few days?... it won't matter because I made no errors anyway but still.... how can there be such a delay now that there's a new online system?... has anyone else experienced delays with a license renewal or anything else lately?

I feel your pain. I had a number of problems like that in the last few years.Unfortunatly there is nothing you can do. Just make sure they have the application. In one occassion I had paid and had the photo taken. When the plastic did not arrive after several weeks passed I went to see them. They said, they had not received the application it took several weeks to sort it out.
    If you're going through hell, keep going."
    Winston Churchill

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by MrCarbine" post=45590
      I feel your pain. I had a number of problems like that in the last few years.Unfortunatly there is nothing you can do. Just make sure they have the application. In one occassion I had paid and had the photo taken. When the plastic did not arrive after several weeks passed I went to see them. They said, they had not received the application it took several weeks to sort it out.
      I've actually heard of a couple of different scenarios of peoples applications going missing... must have been frustrating... guess you just gotta take it on the chin, not much else you can do... kicking and screaming won't get you far... nothing like waiting for your first license I remember it well... everyday checking the mail for weeks on end... I still do that with PTA's lol.

Hi hope it comes soon.
    Funny how the rules change over time , 42 days now.
    I got my 1st licence in Oct 1994 ( Back then they were 10 yr licences too) and in 2004 , I let it go over cause of being between jobs atm.
    Anyway WLB Qld at that time " told me" I had a 6 month over period , in which I could renewal it , after that you will have to be re-licenced.
    But at least you get 42 days hey.
    Security licence is a 3 yr and the weapons part of it is 1 yr , and if your late you cant work , so it pays to go in well in time to get it back before it expires.
    Marlin 1894 .44rem mag
    Tikka T3 Super Varmint .260rem
    Savage Axis XP Camo .260rem
    Ruger American .22wmr
    BSA SuperSport XL .22
    Adler A110 Synthetic 20" 12ga
    Boito Miura U/O 12ga

Comment

They are running behind an prioritise by licence expiry rather than when you submit it. Just keep the receipt for the renewal and your old licence when you are using the guns.

Comment

Yeah I should be ok because the problem is on there end I guess... I've still got the receipt don't worry about that... it just makes me wonder how on earth can they get that behind on renewals.... And I wonder how long they go on holidays for over Xmas... lol

Comment

Working...
        X