Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registration papers?

Hi guys,

Just wondered how long people are waiting for their registration papers after registering theie firearms at the police station?

I recently got my fastest PTA turnaround; but I am still waiting for my registration papers (25 days and counting). For all my previous firearms its been 1-2 weeks!

I have retained the document the police officer gave me.

Should I call the firearms branch after 28 days have elapsed?

Thanks

yeah i would (call them).
    better to be safe than sorry.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Send-it" post=42000
      I havent received an updated list from Qld WLB for years.

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Send-it" post=42000
      In QLD things seem to be fairly well behind, I just keep the PTA's and disposal certificates so, if necessary, I can show everything is above board.

Originally posted by andyjm79" post=41999
    Hi guys,

Just wondered how long people are waiting for their registration papers after registering theie firearms at the police station?

I recently got my fastest PTA turnaround; but I am still waiting for my registration papers (25 days and counting). For all my previous firearms its been 1-2 weeks!

I have retained the document the police officer gave me.

Should I call the firearms branch after 28 days have elapsed?

Thanks
    I wouldn't be too worried just yet, sometimes things get delayed for one reason or another, If you haven't seen it by say 2mths then I'd be making inquiries, you have all the paperwork to prove where you purchased it from etc so that will be fine.
    Whacking Varmints is my passion!

Comment

I remember when I lived in Qld my Weapons List was never up to date, I had rifles I'd owned for 2yrs that still weren't on the list even though I'd bought rifles after those and they were on the list! I'd ring them up and let em know but nothing ever happened so I gave up in the end. :lol: I don't know how many times I tried to get it sorted - ah well.

NSW FAR are way more efficient when it comes to getting it right (so far anyway). I usually get my PTA's back in around 10 days and the rego papers within a few weeks after that - so far so good.
      Whacking Varmints is my passion!

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Iv'e had my licence for around 18months now and have bought 7 rifles so far - nothing from WL as yet and nothing registered in my name apparently ??
        also QLD
        I have my pts slips in a file in my safe to keep me right, and them if it comes to that haha

“Just wondered how long people are waiting for their registration papers …”

I asked the same question of the dude at my LGS (Qld) when I had my last transfer done a couple of weeks ago, because I was still waiting for one from six months before that. He laughed and told me not to expect the registration to be updated until my next licence renewal. On the other hand, the mate I share storage with had his last two purchases updated within days, so luck of the draw perhaps.
      No trees were harmed in the production of this post, but some electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Comment

Working...
      X