WAPOL turn around times for additions to licence!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAPOL turn around times for additions to licence!

Hi guys,

Anyone got any info on turn around time from WAPOL for additions to your license? I put one in on the 14th of last month, still nothing....

Just rang them and they told me it was there and being processed, but wouldnt give me a turn around time because "they get in trouble for giving time limits" alomst as long to get my addition as it was for my original!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone else having the same issue?

Originally posted by Blake85" post=39994
    Hi guys,

Anyone got any info on turn around time from WAPOL for additions to your license? I put one in on the 14th of last month, still nothing....

Just rang them and they told me it was there and being processed, but wouldnt give me a turn around time because "they get in trouble for giving time limits" alomst as long to get my addition as it was for my original!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17 week's was my 2nd last one for another .223, but for a new chambered barrel to be added onto my existing rifle ( diff caliber ) took 9 weeks mid this year.

Ya just have to accept the pineapple, if you get to crappy with them.....Your app could see the bottom of the pile again.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by El-Skippo " post=39995
      Originally posted by Blake85" post=39994
      Hi guys,

17 week's was my 2nd one for another .223, but for a new chambered barrel to be added onto my existing rifle ( diff caliber ) took 9 weeks mid this year.

Ya just have to accept the pineapple, if you get to crappy with them.....Your app could see the bottom of the pile again.
      Cheers mate, yea didnt question anything from them just accepted that it might take a whole heap longer than I expected!! The sheila I chatted to on the phone was nice and I made her laugh, so maybe she bumped me up a bit! Haha

Mine took 6 week earlier in the year, i phoned after about 5 weeks then had it a few days later, that was for open rile, got my (original) handgun in 5 weeks including the mandatory waiting period, makes no sense, if you were going to do something illegal why would it matter if it was club or open licensed. Frustrating because they justified the massive price hike by saying they were addressing time delays amongst other things (bullsh*t)

Comment

Just got back an addition on Friday after 6 weeks and 2 days.

Comment

I put in for one today ho well just sit back and wait and see what happens
        for $169.50 you would think it would be sooner than later but we are talking about W.A.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by flyer" post=40250
          I put in for one today ho well just sit back and wait and see what happens
          for $169.50 you would think it would be sooner than later but we are talking about W.A.
          I received my addition last Friday. It took 6 weeks and 3 days.

Mine took 2 days

Ohhh wait I forgot I moved to QLD my bad ;-p

Comment

That W.A. system really is an abomination! it's pathetic the way they are treating their citizens over there. How the hell can Vic do it within minutes or hours and, NSW isn't too bad it usually take me 10 working days on average from when its posted and received back, not earth shatteringly fast but not the nightmare you guys in W.A. have to put up with - thank god.

With a bit of luck Rick Mazza might be able to make a difference.
          Whacking Varmints is my passion!

Comment

Ended up getting the paperwork in 4 weeks...

Comment

• dannyboy1
              dannyboy1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Put my addition in on the 04/12/2013, received 10/12/2013.

Phoned licensing last week, got told it was at back ground check.

Already have a .308 so this is for another .308 so may take longer. Time will tell I guess.

Carl Fisher (head of firearms) told me they want to implement a smart card system.. But some gun dealers refuse to stop being old school (manual filing and paper) and use computers..

Comment

• El-Skippo
              Skip commented
              Editing a comment
              Vic has something like that.

I showed colac gunshop my wa lic and gave them the rundown.

Should have seen the look on there faces priceless

My addition took from 9/12/2013 to 15/01/2014 not too bad I suppose for W.A

Comment

Put mine in on the 17/1/2014.
              I'll have to wait and see,
              Cheers Zulu.

Comment

Working...
              X