Looking to get back into pistol shooting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to get back into pistol shooting.

Hello everyone. As my title describes I am looking to get back into pistol shooting after sometime away from it. When I was previously involved in pistol shooting I had owned quite a few so I know what floats my boat. But seeing last time I was involved in handguns was pre 99. I have no problems starting all over again as I my rifles to entertain me.

The main thing is I really only want one handgun and as it has no bearing on my questions I would rather not name it as this is my choice and not a question I want derailed by "you should by this it's better" or "I had one of those and they are crap".

So getting to it I am looking at a 45 and understand that I need to be involved in M/S to obtain a hi cal permit. I am curious can this handgun be used in other events like IPSC and general target practice or am I doomed to M/S only. I could go down the 9mm route but would prefer my first choice as it was my comp gun when I competed in IPSC.

I am from NSW if that helps with my questions.

Also can anyone recommend a club that supports metallic silhouette within a 2hr drive of Sydney.

Thanks everyone for your input.

G'day Apocalypse, good to see you getting back into pistol shooting. Yeah its gonna be a bit different compared to pre '99

If you want a .45 you will be confined to MS events, nothing in IPSC over .38

As for where those comps are held I'm not the person to ask. Far as I know Bowral PC offers it, hopefully someone will jump in here with the info you need

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks zhuk, I really do miss IPSC so that may be the deal clincher. Would have liked to go back to IPSC with a 45. I guess they have changed the rules regarding PF now, that or everyone's shooting 38 super.

You may have made my mind up. Cheers for your help.

• Jason Lefty
      Jason Lefty commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by zhuk" post=14810
      G'day Apocalypse, good to see you getting back into pistol shooting. Yeah its gonna be a bit different compared to pre '99

If you want a .45 you will be confined to MS events, nothing in IPSC over .38

As for where those comps are held I'm not the person to ask. Far as I know Bowral PC offers it, hopefully someone will jump in here with the info you need
      Yep bowral pc or KPC at Hornsby. KPC is the club I am a member to. Ive have also been to BPC and is a good club as well.
Working...
X