Firearms and Criminal Groups Legislation Ammendment Act 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firearms and Criminal Groups Legislation Ammendment Act 2013

You may be aware the Firearms and Criminal Groups Legislation Amendment Act 2013 commenced on 1 November 2013.

There are numerous minor amendments to the existing Act like, for instance, the word “sell” is removed and “supply” is now included. I wouldn’t think most reasonable people would have needed this but, then again, we live in interesting times.

What is important and where you could inadvertently get into trouble is the loaning of a firearm to an individual who is the subject of a Firearms Prohibition Order. You may know this person and even believe he has a firearm licence. Things change and unless you see the licence you could come adrift. The only defence is to see the licence yourself and record the number. You can confirm its currency on the Registry website.

Remember also that if you loan for more than 14 days, you must notify change of address.

A person on a Firearms Prohibition Order must not attend a dealership, a range or a shooting club.

The source document is worth a read.

A mate of mine sent me this, I was totally unaware of it. This will be of interest to NSW members. Some one can perhaps find the "source document", I failed.

I wouldn't transfer a firearm out of my possession for any amount of time, however short without notifying FAR and quoting their current licence no/address (did it briefly recently as a mate helped with a bit of mechanical tweaking)

But useful headsup beemer

Comment

************************************************** ******************************

Zhuk, I've found the document.

Do want the full text up on the forum or just the link to the PDF ???

Thanks...

************************************************** ******************************

Comment

Whatever you choose, link is easier if you want Maverick

Comment

************************************************** ************************************************** **********************************************

Taken directly from the NSW Firearms Registry webpage.

Firearms and Criminal Groups Legislation Amendment Act 2013

The Firearms and Criminal Groups Legislation Amendment Act 2013 commenced on 1 November 2013.

There are numerous documents and FACT Sheets on this Internet site which require amendment to include the new provisions.

Until such time as all affected documents can be amended, please be advised that reference should be made directly to the
          Firearms Act 1996 and the Firearms Regulation 2006 in the first instance.

Thank you for your patience while these amendments are absorbed.

For a summary of key changes please see the below document.

Summary of Key Changes - Firearms and Criminal Groups Legislation Amendment Act 2013

Firearms and Criminal Groups Legislation Amendment Act 2013

Thanks...

************************************************** ************************************************** **********************************************

Comment

Working...
          X