Have your Say (NSW Firearms Registery)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have your Say (NSW Firearms Registery)

Couldnt really see anywhere else for this i guess....
    Come to think of it it can probably be moved here: http://shootingaustralia.net/forum/media-and-politics

http://www.haveyoursay.nsw.gov.au/consultations/nsw-firearms-registry/?date=2013-11-01
    http://www.haveyoursay.nsw.gov.au/assets/premier-and-cabinet/cal-gray/NSW-Firearm-Registry-Terms-of-Reference.pdf

Curious to see if it will actually get anywhere. Seems a bit odd, although maybe the government is listening for a change.

i can't see this going well

Comment

Nah more like they have to be seen to be listening, I can't see it changing anything unless they want change that is and so far I don't see any signs of that!
      Whacking Varmints is my passion!

Comment

NSW Govt? Listening?

After all the letters gone unanswered to this point? Why break the habit now :lol:

Comment

don't complain then when the registry takes a backwards turn, fill in the survey, then email your submissions too. tell them you want online PTA's and licence applications at the very least

steve

Should you wish to make a more detailed submission, this may be done by emailing it to [email protected] Please note, email submissions will be treated confidentially but are not anonymous

Comment

Did all those things steve...but my ingrained cynicism is hard to dislodge

Comment

oh ill give them all kinds of advice. No no fight to the bitter end is the way to go. I just don't see them downgrading the registry even after it is proven (quite easily actually) that is does not make anyone safer. It has not made anyone safer since it was enacted. They won't listen to anything like that though.

They want comment I say give them lots of comment. Tell them exactly what you think. just don't expect a big turn about in policy.
              "He got the whole nine yards" - as it happens World War II (1939–1945) aircraft machine gun belts (US 50 cal) were nine yards long.

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                Originally posted by Laflamme" post=25385
                They want comment I say give them lots of comment. Tell them exactly what you think. just don't expect a big turn about in policy.
                exactly!

steve

• several
                several commented
                Editing a comment
                Told em what I think and how much i don't like their antiquated system for record keeping and the security breeches that come with it.

It's kinda like praying, no ones going to hear it but it's good to get it off your chest.

Generally I don't have any complaints about the staff, all that I have dealt with have been brilliant really, they have been most helpful when I have had questions and dealt with any issues directly and in most cases personally even to the point of the other day sending someone up stairs to the Payments section and looking for my Daughters application for her Juniors Permit (they tried deducting the payment but the wife had used the CC and there were insufficient funds apparently, so I made a deposit and they got it sorted out there and then, the P'TA and Permit should be here tomorrow or the next day hopefully.

I will do as you suggested Steve and make a submission about the Online Side of things, I think that could definitely improve the serviceability side of this whole PTA application process, there really is no need for delays when one has already got firearms, so that's something they could address if they wanted too.
              Whacking Varmints is my passion!

Comment

Originally posted by wadsy" post=25817
                I can't see any public servant agreeing to remove a system that will in essence see them out of a job though.

Sums it up. The whole excercise is simply political window-dressing.

Comment

FWIW. - I have made my submission and am hoping for the best.

The cynic in me thinks that this is just political window dressing.

But I'll keep fighting the good fight.

Comment

Yes tell us what you thoughts are, as we close down all the ranges,so what did you say you wanted a PTA for? Target Shooting LOL
                    I can not believe that it is anything other than an exercise to gain Gov. funding for a new computer system to keep closser tabs on LAFO's.

Comment

• AUSSIE
                      AUSSIE commented
                      Editing a comment
                      If If this survey was good for LAFOs the NSW Gubbermint would make it illegal!
                  Working...
                  X