NSW hunting in State forest, write in.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSW hunting in State forest, write in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxwTZf82VYs

Jason is a good spokesperson for our community so lets get ON this and support our sport. I've written my letter even though I'm in Vic.

Originally posted by shineyshooter" post=22084
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxwTZf82VYs

Jason is a good spokesperson for our community so lets get ON this and support our sport. I've written my letter even though I'm in Vic.
    Good on you shineyshooter, will get mine off soon.
    Just thought I'd add the link to the drop box to make it easier for people to print off the letter.

Get cracking everyone otherwise we will lose the fight & get something that wont work!
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ybz7wupbonof0lp/Katrina%20Hodgkinson%20MP.doc

Comment

Nice work I think Jason is on here some where . I too have been thinking about the manner in which they are closing the ranges amongst other things its looking a little dark . I wonder has this onslaught just started since the power sell off . Seems they are purposely destroying people's, our sports with red tape . Maybe it's about too much power in politics . People young and old are dying sitting at home eating on the lounge and they are taking people's passion and sport away . They usually close things down when their is a lack of interest but this seems the opposite .

Comment

Indeed, Jason is one of my favorite channels for his clear-cut vocal stance and continued voice for 'all' shooters in Australia, happy to support him in any way I can.

I cannot see it any other way than systematically working against the shooter and doing so for quite some time, in every state. Talking about which state has better gun laws is ridiculous, we all have bad gun laws, over restriction, over regulation and too much red-tape. The reasons for this could be anything, from wild [though history demonstrates this as still possible] reasons such as asserting positions of power by disarming the population, police's influence to help keep the population disarmed to make their job easier, to the work of the antigun people writing to politicians and the media, to the mundane such as being 'seen' to be doing something to control firearms for votes, even though the effect is close to zero in terms of impact on what it is supposed to do, as defined in studies that have looked into it.

Either way, the reason we have been continued to be kicked in the ribs while we are down and we give them the Aussie saying "She'll be right". We also don't want to winge, want to keep our heads down and unfortunately our complacency over time has hurt us. We complain to ourselves and rightly so, but we look towards our leadership to take the bigger actions. Looking at that, our shooting bodies, many with vested interests in ranges or needed affiliations with police to maintain their status as 'approved' associations. This proves to be ineffective when it comes to bringing our position in a political sense because they always have the leash and collar on, they're not able to bring their full bite. The NRA in the US is a good example of a dog unleashed, they fight tooth and nail at even the slightest hint of some kind of law/unjust position. Yes they're vocal and it's what I dare say works in politics, the quiet approach isn't working here.

Also our diverse and seemingly rival interests [pistol shooter vs. hunter vs. skeet shooter vs. target shooter] have eroded our ability to uniformly together against 'ANY' attacks to our sport. Remember the people don't write laws, it's the politicians, so we have to get them on side, the only way is to 'encourage' them to see the light because our current representation have simply continued to not do the job. Yes having a few members with ideology is wonderful too, we just have to be realistic, whilst we have 8% of the population with guns, we have less than that representing us in an official capacity and our interests are not being brought forward. A few letters to politicians is a start, our sport is big our representation is small.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Just want to see what you guys thought of my letter before I print it off. Anything I overlooked? Or is worded poorly?

Dedicated Game Unit for Department of Primary Industries
          Dear Minister Hodgkinson

I am writing you to make clear my view and hope that the state forests and crown lands that were open to recreational hunters before the disbandment of the game council be re-opened for the purpose of recreational hunting and pest/vermin control as soon as realistically possible.

I would like to see the GC staff back in one Game unit with a single line reporting
          structure direct to the Director General of DPI.

I am also concerned that it may be re-introduced under a high supervision model, such as what is being used for the National Parks, this seems completely unnecessary considering the track record of safety the Game Council had.

I would also like to see my R Class license extended for the time period I have been unable to utilize it.

Finally I wanted to add that as a young person, just buying my first home, hunting is my hobby, I go to work, pay taxes, spending money in regional NSW towns when participating in my sport. Despite the “bad press” hunting may get I firmly believe that it is an enjoyable and wholesome outdoor activity, that anyone who wants to partake in it should be able to do so without it in-curing excessive expense or hassle. In much the same way the government provides parks and cycle-ways I believe it is the governments responsibility to ensure we have the ability to engage in our sport, not to mention help the environment at the same time.

I look forward to receiving your reply in the near future outlining the new
          model of State Forest Hunting thank you for your time.

Best Regards,
          Luke Morphett

Just refer them to the Victorian model. No problem hunting in State Forests for vermin. Deer in most areas and can be hunted in certain areas of National Parks with the appropriate caliber and licence. Seems to work just fine.
        I'm in love with Jennifer Hawkins and Alessandra Ambrosio

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah I think your right. I would love to have something similar to the Victorian model here.

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by Sambar Country" post=23042
          Just refer them to the Victorian model. No problem hunting in State Forests for vermin. Deer in most areas and can be hunted in certain areas of National Parks with the appropriate caliber and licence. Seems to work just fine.

Of course it works fine...no reason at all why it shouldn't. In a State where the Govt in question obviously appears to believe that obtaining political cache over being seen to "control" shooters is less important.
      Working...
      X