How many times?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many times?

How many times in a year should to cops be doing their random audits before it becomes harassment?
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Well iv you move house they might come around and check again, if you were ask to upgrade your arrangements maybe they would come and see if its been done but most blokes have only been done once, if at all!

Comment

How many times have you been checked?

Comment

Been checked twice in less than 3 months.

Nothing changed, no new guns no moving house nothing. I don't even have any guns terribly out of the ordinary and my occupation (which is on their records) screams "respectable".
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by Capn Dazza" post=21679

Nothing changed, no new guns no moving house nothing. I don't even have any guns terribly out of the ordinary and my occupation (which is on their records) screams "respectable".
          What State are you in Capn? And why the hell would they have your occupation on record

just asking, seems very strange

• Send-it
          Send-it commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by Capn Dazza" post=21679

maybe they like your guns and want another look at them.

Maybe you live close to the policeman,
        I do that to by customers all the time, make sure i hit up the ones close to home in the arvo so I avoid traffic...
        Maybe you make a great cuppa..

It does sound a little weird 2 in 3 months.
        I will do this one day when I have something worthwhile to put in here.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by Gindu-wan Kanobi" post=21683
          Maybe you live close to the policeman,
          I do that to by customers all the time, make sure i hit up the ones close to home in the arvo so I avoid traffic...
          Maybe you make a great cuppa..

It does sound a little weird 2 in 3 months.
          I've been inspected four times this year, twice in the last month alone. I reckon they just like looking at my Fatboy.

4 times in a year! damn.

Cheers for the replies. Might be theres not many gun owners in my area and they just need to be seen to be checking by the higher ups.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Surely the Police Force's time can be better spent chancing criminals.

Comment

I have over 20 rifles and hand guns, four years and no inspection yet.

Maybe I'm just lucky?

Comment

Twice in 8 years. Our local copper only does because he has to, reckons his time could be better spent.

Comment

************************************************** ********************************

I've plenty of pistols and rifles as well.

Never had an inspection. Not even an inspection after my Home Invasion in 2008.

Thanks...

************************************************** *******************************

Comment

I got inspected about 5 years ago i live in SA, first time in 38 years-- this is what happened ,i had 3 guns i had registered in my name but they only had records of two of them so instantly i was the criminal and they did not believe i had registered it and it was confiscated and i was told i would be facing court and firearms charges --well long story short i amazingly found my registration papers for the gun that i had registered 38 years ago from a police station that is non existent now.When i informed the officer involved i was told that when they changed from paper to computer i was supposed to inform them what guns i had, but funny how the other 2 guns were accounted for lol -- So everyone make sure you have copies of your gun registrations so when they come they don't take your babies with them,gotta love the system

Comment

Originally posted by Capn Dazza" post=21659
                    How many times in a year should to cops be doing their random audits before it becomes harassment?
                    Unless there is a "special reason" it seems like an administrative blunder (they are public servants after all). I get them coming over every couple of years. Once I got a call from two different districts (within fifteen minutes) to arrange inspections in two different addresses. When I asked what was going on, the replay was, "...sorry mate I have to do what I have to do, don't know what the other bloke is doing". - it happens.

Comment

Guest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You could always say its not a convenient time?

Maybe your respectable profession says "he can pay the fine" to them and so they are looking. but what do I really know. I have never been inspected and in QLD they don't have the right unless its attached to a license approval so I am good till I get another gun which will be a while.
                    "He got the whole nine yards" - as it happens World War II (1939–1945) aircraft machine gun belts (US 50 cal) were nine yards long.

Comment

• Walter White
                      Walter White commented
                      Editing a comment
                      A good mate of mine and his father in law are well known and respected members of the local community and have had their licenses forever. They actually have a pretty good relationship with the local coppers through community service etc. So whenever the annual inspections need to be done the seargent gives them a call and drops around. Its precisely because he knows it'll be a tick and a flick and then probably on down to the RSL for a coldie and the Thurs night barbie. Seems logical to me. Perhaps take it as a compliment and if its inconveniencing you let them know.
                  Working...
                  X