Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ammo Storage Upgrade - QLD

Hi Guys,

Well we collection has grown to the point that my requirements to keep ammo on hand have almost exceeded the capacity of the ammo box in my safe. I am looking at two new options

- Pad locked metal tool box.
    - Lockable metal cabinet that bolts onto the wall.

Can any one foresee problems with these options in QLD? As I understand it they are ok but it doesn't hurt to get feedback from those who have been in the game longer than me.

Thanks

Bigger tool box or lockable cabinet are fine, you don't have to bolt either of them down.

Comment

Check with WLB via email is the best answer... Send a link with the product you intend to use and if they say yes keep a copy of the email if you get an inspection...

The legislation on ammo isnt as tight as for firearms, so you should have any hassles... But check with WLB dont take my word for it...

I am getting a bigger safe and turning my 5 gun into an ammo cabinate with some shelves... Either that or a school locker (link) is another good way to go...

Ammo comes under the explosives act, so you can check the requirements here Qld Explosives act...

Comment

If you use a filing cabinet like I it appears to any intruder as a piece of furniture, and you can fit heaps of ammo in them. Metal and lockable. Not that expensive either.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by grahams" post=21504
          If you use a filing cabinet like I it appears to any intruder as a piece of furniture, and you can fit heaps of ammo in them. Metal and lockable. Not that expensive either.
          I did that as well but then I out grew that as well now I have lockable steel cupboard thats about 6' foot high 2' deep an 3'1/2" across and has shelves in it I had to brace the shelves up a bit but it works well for ammo storage.

i had to upgrade the chequer plate toolbox i had in the back of my ute to fit my shotguns and long cases in.

so i have a 1250x450x350mm tool box on its back screwed into a shelf in my shed,. it lockable and can hold over 15 cases of 12g ammo and i have used sticky backed foam to seal it better and put a few damp rid containers in it.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. That's a huge help

Comment

Working...
          X