Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfering rifle to another owner in QLD

G'day
    Just sold one of my rifles to a bloke in QLD. I have been asked to supply a letter of authority. So what in the hell is it? What do I need to include and how should it be written?

Originally posted by Youngun" post=19981
    G'day
    Just sold one of my rifles to a bloke in QLD. I have been asked to supply a letter of authority. So what in the hell is it? What do I need to include and how should it be written?
    Just say, who you are, what you sold and to whom. A bit over the top, but it is designed to stop dealers from selling guns they held for storage....

Thanks,

Oddball

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Cheers mate

Originally posted by Youngun" post=19981
    G'day
    Hi Youngun,
    What state are you in?
    Les

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Vic

Is just names of the two parties enough or do they want licence numbers?

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Youngun,
      My take on the transfer is that the firearm needs to be transferred from a Vic dealer to a Qld dealer and the purchaser has to apply for a PTA from a Qld dealer. I have purchased a number of firearms from Victorian owners and have had to follow this procedure. A PITA I know, but that seems to be the process.
      Regards
      Les

^^^^^^^

What LuckyLes said.

All interstate firearms sales MUST be sent out via a dealer in your state.
    If you personally send a firearm to another state and get caught you WILL lose your license.
    DO NOT take a chance with this.

Regards Murph

Comment

Working...
    X