Fake suppressor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fake suppressor

What do you think about the legalities regarding this are, to me it sounds like someone is asking for trouble

I know it says its legal but is it worth risking your licence for....

http://www.ozgunsales.com/listing/11309/Fake_silencersuppressor_suit_22.html?PHPSESSID=f4c d58fc2b4b13575df7600bf5b2a582
    I throw sub-moa rocks

If you heard the shot, you weren't the target

Agree with your assessment. This thing might be technically legal in some states but two things stand out:

1. It is of no functional use whatsoever.

2. It is gonna lead to grief with the police at some point.

Any decent LAFO would not touch this thing with an ugly stick. Why provoke the police and risk harming the reputation of legitimate shooters.

For Gods sake, spend the $50 on more ammo or better sights or something actually useful.

Comment

I'd be very cautious. Some states, NSW especially, have provisions in the rules that indicate "if it looks like military, then it will treated as military", so even fake ones are a problem, just like real ones. If you really want to go ahead, get an affirmative reply from your state police or registry, in writing, first.

Regards
      Paul D

Comment

I'm not looking to buy it by the way, just thought I'd share with the forum
        I throw sub-moa rocks

Comment

• Stan 66
          Move commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by Super6one" post=10936
          I'm not looking to buy it by the way, just thought I'd share with the forum
          All understood Super6one (btw, that is a cool tag).

Also, I assume you are a Cat D shooter (or planning to be one). My general advice to Cat A, B, H licence holders is to always be a super nice guy ( especially in police/ legal matters) as your licence is precious. For Cat D, it might be your livelihood at risk if you come to the attention of police for even some relatively minor matters.

Both pointless and stupid.

To think I saw shelves of the real deal in a common sporting goods (not gunshop) store in Rotorua Lol

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by zhuk" post=10962
          Both pointless and stupid.

To think I saw shelves of the real deal in a common sporting goods (not gunshop) store in Rotorua Lol
          Yup, as useful as a square wagon wheel. Roto-Vegas eh Zhuk. Maybe they be tryin' to suppress th' smell of rotten eggs in the air.... pheeew wee.

Thanks stan, old man has his cat d and mine is on the way....
        I throw sub-moa rocks

Comment

Nothing illegal about them, they are completely fake and can not be made into a real one any easier than a solid piece of Al.
          Adding one to a handgun will most likely prevent it from cycling properly due to the extra weight and the lack of a booster or Neilson device.

Other than for the giggle value theres not much point to them.
          “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing” - Edmund Burke

Comment

• Sumo
            Sumo commented
            Editing a comment
            Would this be seen as a replica and therefore require similar controls as a replica military weapon?

• DILLIGARA
            DILLIGARA commented
            Editing a comment
            Originally posted by Morgo" post=10992
            Nothing illegal about them, they are completely fake and can not be made into a real one any easier than a solid piece of Al.
            Adding one to a handgun will most likely prevent it from cycling properly due to the extra weight and the lack of a booster or Neilson device.

Other than for the giggle value theres not much point to them.
            Hate to be trying to convince the cops/magistrate that it doesn't affect the sound....

yeah its obvious it is useless but have you seen some of the tactical stuff they put on them 7615's :lol:

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Originally posted by Cruiser Country " post=11030
            yeah its obvious it is useless but have you seen some of the tactical stuff they put on them 7615's :lol:
            C'mon the heat shields, magpul grips and pic rails are very important

Wow... you used the s word..... Never get away with that on shooting.gone

Comment

What's the point of it.
            Love your country, love your family, love your sport.

Comment

I'd like to have a fake Jennifer Hawkins.
              I'm in love with Jennifer Hawkins and Alessandra Ambrosio

Comment

• Sumo
                Sumo commented
                Editing a comment
                Originally posted by Sambar Country" post=11125
                Pretty sure you could buy an inflatable one.

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                how good would that be if you could buy a JHawkins clone to do what ever you want :lol: Bring on the future

• Morgo
                Morgo commented
                Editing a comment
                Originally posted by Sambar Country" post=11125
                Wouldn't we all.....

Wonder how many he's sold to the ninja's?

Comment

I wouldn't mind one for some "tactical" photography of my gear but there is no way in hell I would let anyone see a gun of mine with it attached.

Comment

I dont know Morgo, probably get more than a serial rapist... which isnt much to start with..

Comment

• Morgo
                    Morgo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Originally posted by TRE" post=11907
                    I dont know Morgo, probably get more than a serial rapist... which isnt much to start with..
                    Probably get a slap on the wrist AND a good behavior bond

I was talking to a kiwi recently apparently the farmers ask them to use the suppressors over there its not rocket science is it

Comment

Working...
                  X