A few Semi automatic questions....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few Semi automatic questions....

So since I'm from the states I have a few questions. First...you guys aren't permitted to conceal carry....or carry at all...is that correct? Were you ever allowed to carry for the purposes of self defense?

Second.....I'm not seeing many semi automatic handguns here.....are you not allowed to own them at all? And what's the deal with AR15 type rifles? Are they considered evil and the devils work? Thanks for listening.

Originally posted by Gran Torino" post=5664
    So since I'm from the states I have a few questions. First...you guys aren't permitted to conceal carry....or carry at all...is that correct? Were you ever allowed to carry for the purposes of self defense?

Second.....I'm not seeing many semi automatic handguns here.....are you not allowed to own them at all? And what's the deal with AR15 type rifles? Are they considered evil and the devils work? Thanks for listening.
    ************************************************** ***********************************

No conceal carry allowed anywhere in Australia at all, jail time if you do.

Security guards, Police and military are exempt.

We were never allowed to carry for the purposes of self defense.

Yes, we are allowed semi automatic handguns with a genuine reason. (club membership and matches or primary producer)

No semi auto's rifles allowed unless you are an instructor, professional feral animal control officer or primary producer.

AR15 style rifles are very rare on another special license and not allowed to imported because they black and have a military appearance.

Thanks...

************************************************** ************************************************** *******

Comment

• Greenwich-biker
      Greenwich-biker commented
      Editing a comment
      Mav has pretty well summed it up there.

The annoying thing about AR15 type firearms is that they are not so much prohibited by law, as Customs wont allow the scary looking things in.

Also, as far as self defence is concerned, it is not a genuine reason under Australian law to acquire a firearm.

This is the website for possessing and obtaining firearms in the state of Queensland, Australia.

Queensland Weapons Licensing Qld Police website

The are different laws for each state in Australia

Thanks...

************************************************** ************************************************** *************

Comment

Wow..... Come to think of it just about the rest of the world is in the same boat you guys are though. I just can't imagine.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        actually to be clear, You can get a concealed carry permit in every state - a number of high profile personalities have them. but it basically requires the personal authorisation of the commissioner so you'd better have a good reason.

gran torino, cherish all the guns you have. you guys are basically living the dream
      we have been shafted when it comes to gun laws, I cant even have greater than 10 round capacity on a bolt action rifle.

give it 5 years and curling our fingers back to make the thumb and index finger into the shape of a gun will have a mandatory 10 year sentence at the rate we are going

Comment

its a bit hypocritical high profile personalities are allowed concealed carry but they say the rest should have it

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Torino" post=5664

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the Issue of concealed carry in Australia - generally the answer is no ....... although there are some exceptions , but these are as rare as hens teeth so basically the answer remains an almost overwhelming NO .

Semi Automatic handguns are allowed yes , many shooters in Australia own them . They require a catagory H licences and are for club shoots and some primary produces / farmers , collectors etc.

AR15 type semi automatic rifles are still allowed to be owned in Australia , Infact there is a comapny here in Australia that has started making AR15 rifles ,
          the company is called Warwick Firearms http://www.sportingshootermag.com.au/news/aussie-made-auto-bolt-action-to-follow

Semi automatic rifles come under 2 catagories ...Catacgory C is rimfire , pump / semi shotguns and are by far the easier semi auto licence to get.

Then there is Catacgory D licence for semi auto Centrefire rifles ( AR15 etc etc ) ...quite difficult to get ..so the vast majority of Aussie shooters here are unable to own them .
          A truly strong person does not need the approval of others any more than a lion needs the approval of sheep.

Vernon Howard .

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Holy Crap....sounds like they have you guys jumping through hoops over there. Thanks for the explanation.
        Working...
        X