What are the regulations regarding reloading in NSW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the regulations regarding reloading in NSW?

Hi there, what are the laws regarding the purchase of reloading equipment in NSW?

Is anyone permitted to purchase reloading equipment in NSW (e.g. press, brass, powder, projectiles, primers, etc)?

Or do you need to have a full license before you can purchase the equipment?

Many thanks in advance.

A firearms licence is only required for primers and powder.

Comment

Thanks heaps treads! Any link where I can verify that?

I was thinking about setting up a reload bench while by PPL is getting processed.

Thanks for the fast response too! Much appreciated.

Comment

• Morgo
        Morgo commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by luke2236" post=23309
        Thanks heaps treads! Any link where I can verify that?

I was thinking about setting up a reload bench while by PPL is getting processed.

Thanks for the fast response too! Much appreciated.
        Reloading gear is not restricted in anyway, you can order it online and have it delivered from sites like nvt.com.au

As mentioned powder and primers will require a licence. Brass and projectiles are fine. These things you buy from your local shop, range, dealer as they are too costly to ship from other places.

The fundamental basis of our common law is "no deprivation of liberty, except by law". We do not need regulations to allow us to do things that we choose or want. When parliament enacts laws to limit or define our freedoms then they are politically answerable to the people for this - and laws and politicians may be changed. You need to know what the current law in force is.

You do not need to verify your right to act as you see fit. Rather, try and find if there is a law that limits your freedom.

Comment

Thanks for your views Oziblue - I think you are very brave for publishing your thoughts - 'they' are probably listening.

I don't think 'they' have been answerable to the people for a very long time.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by luke2236" post=23369
          I think you are very brave for publishing your thoughts
          I'm not brave. Just a law abiding citizen like everyone else who has a firearms license.

The relevant legislation is NSW Explosives Act 2003 No 39 Part 2 Section 6
          (1) A person must not handle an explosive or explosive precursor if:....
          (b) the person is not authorised to do so by a licence under this Act.

and NSW Explosives Regulation 2013 Part 3 Division 4 Section 48
          Exceptions from licence requirements
          (2) A person who holds a licence or a permit under the Firearms Act 1996 (other than a firearms collector licence) that authorises the person to possess or use a firearm is not required to be authorised by a licence in order to possess, use, store or transport:
          (a) ammunition, or
          (b) percussion caps, or
          (c) not more than 12 kg of propellant powder.

ie you must be licensed to possess primers and powder.
      Working...
      X