Rifle freight prices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rifle freight prices?

hey guys I got a mate whos looking for a rifle, an I am just wondering what it would cost to freight a rifle say from QLD to Vic?

cheers
    wl

I'm in sa and have bought three rifles from interstate. One from qld two from Vic and where around 25-35 bucks
    It's hard to soar like an eagle when you are surrounded by turkey's

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by billygoat-gruff" post=19045
      I'm in sa and have bought three rifles from interstate. One from qld two from Vic and where around 25-35 bucks
      Yep, I've paid around the same to have rifles shipped to Sydney from SA & Qld by Aust Post.

I've always payed around $30.

Comment

Thanks guys, that's a lot cheaper than I thought!!

Might be on the cards then for sure!

wl

Comment

Don't forget transfer prices aswell, if you have to pay for transfers at both ends it adds up pretty quick.

Comment

Remember too that only licensed firearm dealers can send a firearm through the postal system.

Comment

Don't forget to add Insurance too, unless you want to take the risk that Aussie Mail being so gentle with their parcels that it doesn't get damaged or lost.

So that's, Postage + Dealer Charge + Insurance.

Also maximum length of the whole parcel must not exceed 1,040mm and weigh 20kg or less otherwise it has to go by Courier.

Comment

cool fellas, think the rifle will weight under 20kg... fuckin hope so!!!!
              anyone carried a cement bag around whilst hubting?

Comment

If its bought from a dealer it should only be about $25 to $30 but a private sale you may have to pay a transfer fee as well at the dealers at there end . Some sellers will pay it some wont . I had a pvt seller try to charge me $100 postage and transfer. I organised him to drop it at another shop . Now I always make an offer posted price . Or ask for a posted price before committing . Either way you usually have to pay a transfer fee at your end and that fee can vary . Apparently some dealers will charge more for guns bought new from another dealer ship sounds like price gougeing to me . I prefer to buy new guns as local as possible .

Comment

• WhelanLad
                  WhelanLad commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Cheers everyone, wer all good on the TRANSFER fee but asking in Regards to the FREIGHT FEE .
              Working...
              X