Owning a Handgun on Behalf of a Junior - Victoria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Owning a Handgun on Behalf of a Junior - Victoria

In December my two junior sons and I will be able to hold full handgun licences. Now the problem is with the ownership requirements. Under Vic legislation I can only own 1 airpistol and 1 .22 or a centrefire and a black powder.

Trouble is I have 1 left handed son and 1 right handed son

SO - the question is - can I purchase an airpistol for me and the right handed son and then purchase "on behalf of a junior" a second airpistol (left handed) for my other son within the first 6 months of holding the full licence? If so - can anyone point to the part of the act that deals with it.

malachii

Originally posted by malachii" post=12312
    In December my two junior sons and I will be able to hold full handgun licences. Now the problem is with the ownership requirements. Under Vic legislation I can only own 1 airpistol and 1 .22 or a centrefire and a black powder.

Trouble is I have 1 left handed son and 1 right handed son

SO - the question is - can I purchase an airpistol for me and the right handed son and then purchase "on behalf of a junior" a second airpistol (left handed) for my other son within the first 6 months of holding the full licence? If so - can anyone point to the part of the act that deals with it.

malachii
    I was down this path as I wanted to do a similar (2 x 22lr and 2 x AP, one set for me and one set for my daughter) thing during the first 6 months of my full handgun license in Victoria. I asked the LRD and they thought about it for a day then got back to me with that it would not be possible. The only option would have been to have someone, like a spouse, to get a license for "owning on behalf of a junior" (and you would probably have had to thought of it at the time you got your own licensing process started to line it up time wise). Please note that in that case you would also need to have 2 separate safes.

In your case I would consider buying the AP with an additional LH grip and simply swap around (I did that for the 22 I was sharing with my daughter). If you get an AP with and electronic trigger unit please be aware that, at least on a Styer LP10e, the cable harness is being a bit punished by frequently swapping the grip... Don't ask me how I know....

Comment

Working...
    X