X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fishphillott View Post
    Changed the sprockets yesterday
    went from 14 front and 47 rear to a 15 and 44
    The original sprockets would give me a $1.10 wringing it's neck the new sprockets will get me to $1.25 with more to go but I got scared before I got to full noise and backed off
    got myself some leatt 5.5 body armour and knee guards
    Am going to get some barrett pannier racks and giant loop saddle bags plus a duffel along with a tank bag.
    bugger me you will need a side car on the fucker just for all the new bits....pd

Comment

Took the chook chaser for a run this morning early and clocked up a combined total of 300km so far on the safari tank, still have heaps left, I am going to guess there is at least another 50km's in it before I have to transfer fuel from the starboard wing tank that will give me maybe another 20 or 30km's then there is the reserve and the reserve reserve tank I reckon a bit over 400km out of the 20ish litres.
      Sent via pony express and mail plane

You know that moment when the steak is on the grill and your mouth waters in anticipation? Vegans feel the same after mowing the lawn.

Comment

The bore bike is now officially an adventure bike, here she is in all her glory. Click image for larger version

Name:	20220123_162325.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	324878

Ducked into the big smoke early January and did my QRide course over 3 days and am now licensed to take the bore bike on the black stuff🥳🥳

Due to my new found social status, as part of the control group I am banished to the local Lions Park with the other heathens and the great unwashed to enjoy my Pumpkin spiced chi decaff latte and eggs benny with smashed 🥑 trowelled onto the glutten free, non gm, sustainably grown and harvested organic toast. The local Post Master sees me on his way home from church or he could of been on his way to the pub, either way he informs me there is a parcel waiting there for me.....
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20220123_150111.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	324879 Surprise surprise....set of a pannier racks, Ifitted them while at the post office with the tools I carry and a borrowed adjustable hammer from Kenny.
        The job was done in the same time it takes to have 3 coffee's and 5 durries and a chin wag, Kenny informs me he has something that would look good on my bike he ducks into his shed and brings out a set of leather saddle bags he has made and are looking for a new home

Name:	20220123_150756.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	324880The honourable Minister for War and Finance, has informed me that there will be no camping involved on our weekends away, so the debate on buying suitable
        Camping gear and the budget blow-out on my bike has been settled and/or swept under the carpet until further notice
        The right side bag holds the compressor and spare tubes along with tyre patches ect ect ect
        The left side bag holds my little tool kit, cable ties, duct tape and steel putty.
        The blue box will hold 18 packets of IceVovo's or a 10pack of lemonade cans, so all I need to do is make a decision on my sugar preferences, throw in a few pair of clean socks, a pouch of rolly weed and papers and head off into the never never with the Wife's credit card to pay for my 1star nightly lodgings

You know that moment when the steak is on the grill and your mouth waters in anticipation? Vegans feel the same after mowing the lawn.

Comment

Nice work there fish.
          the bags looks great, just a little something extra to chuck in your bag of goodies is silicone tape. Iv used it to fix crack pipes even plug a split in a radiator hose, got me home.
          it sticks to itself dosnt matter if its wet or dirty.
          Go hard or Go home.

Comment

Matching brown leather jacket with tassels, a leather tool roll on the handle bars and that’s your ‘sugar preference’…. For the big week in Feb

"If we meet offline and you look nothing like your Pics...You are buying me drinks until you do!"

Comment

• fishphillott
              fishphillott commented
              Editing a comment
              Hopefully the first week in February will be quite, the Honourable Minister for War and Finance will be back at work so all good on the domestic front (can you hear that serenity)
              The only foreseeable issue that could arise is it will be the first week back for the baby ringers and ringetts, 🤞these ones have a 🧠 even if it is only half one between them 🤔

Originally posted by Sparta View Post
            silicone tape.
            Thanks for the tip Sparts👍

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220123_150807.jpg Views:	0 Size:	58.9 KB ID:	324886 Click image for larger version  Name:	20220123_150123_resized.jpg Views:	0 Size:	61.9 KB ID:	324887 it is only a cheep Ebay rack when I say cheep it still cost a far wack but cheaper then the "name brand" ones
              the saddle bags are far from water and dust proof but will do the job nicely
              the compressor and tubes plus other tyre stuff whilst not overly heavy they are bulky and take up a fair bit of space in their bag I will probably make up a small set of jumper leads to give the Wife's bike a tickle up if it plays up
              (I have organised a kick starter to be fitted I have to sneak into the motor bike shop one day and pretend it always had one 🤫)
              and probably 2 litres of engine oil to fill the rest of the space (seeing as I have the bog to patch a cracked sump I may as well carry oil to fill said sump if the need ever arises)
              the other side will carry fencing stuff, along with the bike tool kit I will look for a light duty bottle jack incase I ever have to change a tyre some where other then the shed
              I do have heavy duty tubes and pre-emptively filled them with green slime but I am more likely to tear a side wall out on a stick or something and then the duct tape and cable ties will be coming out for some real dodgy shit to get me home
              I haven't tried it yet but I am fairly certain I can fit the Makita 18/12v battery coffee maker into the blue box to go along with any stray Iced Volvo's that miraculously survive til smoko time

in two years when I go for my R class which is the open unrestricted bike licence my next bike

https://youtu.be/MaOYHNsJhqA

Should be able to load that one up with Iced Vovos
              Attached Files

Comment

That Ural is a lot of ‘machinery’… A lot more than a bore pump and that ‘chook-chaser’ you are on now.

Still, it will suit you and your ‘greying’ beard.
                "If we meet offline and you look nothing like your Pics...You are buying me drinks until you do!"

Comment

Originally posted by Sparta View Post
                  Nice work there fish.
                  the bags looks great, just a little something extra to chuck in your bag of goodies is silicone tape. Iv used it to fix crack pipes even plug a split in a radiator hose, got me home.
                  it sticks to itself dosnt matter if its wet or dirty.
                  Is silicon tape that magic tape they sold at the shows, thick yellow stuff? The magic price put me off but was going to buy some for my 4x4 kit of extra survival crap that I hope never gets used.

Blokes used to laugh at my $250 CB 250 with saddlebags but how many bikes could carry 2 cases of beer back then before they invented Gearsacks.
                  It had the red and white tank and looked like a fat bush pig version of a postie bike, worst handling bike I ever had and slow as a slug but kept me on the road when the cops took my P plates for 3 months, great loophole, just apply for bike Ls before handing in the car P plates.

No courses back then, just ride to the registry illegally and the inspector says ride down the Hwy, take the first left and come back the back way.
                  About all he would see is you turning onto the road and making it back alive.

The other loophole was when you got a black car license, you applied for unlimited bike Ls.
                  Lasted for 1 year and could ride a 1,000cc bike if you pleased.
                  I don't think you could renew them, just let them expire and do it again.
                  No points lost on L plates.

Comment

• [QUOTE=magoo;n324893]

Is silicon tape that magic tape they sold at the shows, thick yellow stuff? The magic price put me off but was going to buy some for my 4x4 kit of extra survival crap that I hope never gets used.

Yeah that's the stuff Magoo.
                    it sticks to itself wet or dry, can handle heat and cold.
                    it's more available now you can buy it from super cheap.
                    like I said I blew a hose on the f3 in the 12 tonne started making ph calls to get picked up to get the pipe sorted. I thought il try the silicone tape taped it up topped up the radiator finished the load and got me home safely I was so impressed.
                    Go hard or Go home.

Comment

• On the Bunnings list when I can find a quiet time to go there. Cheers

The BT50s blow a big rubber intake hose and go into limp mode I think.
                      Just did a 90,000 km service and still on the original so that tape will do for a split air hose, got the gaffa tape in the box but didn't know that stuff was around yet.

A milk crate can do fine for a Chooky stand as I changed a front disc on a DR for a boss at work and it went fine.
                      Never heard of carrying a jack.

Comment

• 330km loop this morning into town for breakfast and a pkt of smokes

Name:	Screenshot_20220130-133636_OziExplorer.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	324946
                        So glad I upgraded my seat

Comment

• ‘Yuppie’ Enduro riders will do hideous number of K’s for their smashed ‘Av’ on toast, washed down with a chai latte and a ‘dart’… Bet the phone came out too.

Comment

• Originally posted by HERNE View Post
                            ‘Yuppie’ Enduro riders will do hideous number of K’s for their smashed ‘Av’ on toast, washed down with a chai latte and a ‘dart’… Bet the phone came out too.
                            Yuppies are double vaccinated along with 6 or 7 booster shots, like good little sheep. I am proudly part of the control group and as such I only get ham and cheese toasties take away
                            like me the toasties were rather un photogenic

Comment

• You are a one of the ‘sheep’ that pulls the wool over yer own eyes…

As far as being part of a control group well, if you look 330 K’s in any direction from your stand point you’d be lucky to see another two people together. That makes you just ‘iso-safe’ and more an anomaly.

No chance of catching Covid via Facebook… Still it doesn’t make you safe from downloaded ‘tin hat buuulllshet’ though.

Comment

Working...
                              X